The simFlight Network Forums

WideFS FS9

Hello

I'm a new user to widefs and i am having a number of problems getting it set up. I have installed a registerd FUSPIC and WIDEFS on my FS PC and the WIDEFS.exe and the ini files etc on my laptop. However when i have them both running they do not appear to connect with each other at all, perhaps someone could step me through what i need to do to get things running.

I am also unsure if i have set up the home network between the two correctly either, maybe someone could also shed some light on this

Thanks

David

Ok i seem to have it all set up, however one thing is stuck. How can i get sounds etc from say squawkbox coming out of my main computer, not the laptop. (also i'm struggling to see oyther aircraft if anyone has any ideas)

Thanks

David

Ok i seem to have it all set up, however one thing is stuck. How can i get sounds etc from say squawkbox coming out of my main computer, not the laptop.

You can't. The sounds come from the PC the program is running in. That's actually one of the big advantages of having ATC on a separate PC -- you can have ATC on your headset, not interfered with by FS sounds. I thought that was why most folks ran it that way!

(also i'm struggling to see oyther aircraft if anyone has any ideas)

On FS2004 with SB3 that's via multiplayer. On FSX with SB4 it's via SimConnect. I'm afraid I can't help in that area.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete

OK thanks for the answers, i'll just plug some speakers into the laptop and he sound should be just fine. Also on a smaller not that you may be able to help with, i'm struggling to transfer files between the two computers, any ideas on how this is done?

Thanks

David

i'm struggling to transfer files between the two computers, any ideas on how this is done?

I just drag and drop using Windows Explorer. You probably need to use specifically shared folders on the PC you are not operating this from -- possibly create a folder called "workspace" or "filesfromX", share it with full access by "everybody", then you should be able to see it and read/write to it from the other PC.

An alternative is to use a USB memory stick to transfer files. That can be quicker and less hassle sometimes! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Cant see anything likt that, ill use use a USB stick i suppose. Thanks for the help

To set/change sharing for a folder you right click and select 'Share' or similar -- or Properties, then Sharing there, depending on the operating system.

Windows comes with quite extensive Help on these sorts of areas. Click on the Help entry in the Start menu and search for "sharing folders" or similar.

Regards

Pete