The simFlight Network Forums

Center of gravity offsets

Hello,

what are the FSUIPC offsets for the following simconnect variables (from FSX SDK) ?

CG PERCENT Longitudinal CG position as a percent of reference chord

CG PERCENT LATERAL Lateral CG position as a percent of reference chord

i guess the first one is 2EF8 is there an offset for the lateral CG ?

thank you in advance

Fred

CG PERCENT Longitudinal CG position as a percent of reference chord

CG PERCENT LATERAL Lateral CG position as a percent of reference chord

i guess the first one is 2EF8 is there an offset for the lateral CG ?

A correct guess. The other one isn't provided at present, but I can easily add it if needed. The main priority for FSUIPC4 was to provided at least what was provided by FSUIPC3. Most of the rest is added on request. I originally assumed that new programs for FSX would tend to be using SimConnect directly.

If you need it, let me know and I'll add it in an interim update.

Regards

Pete

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you Peter,

if you can add it to the next planned release, I think it could be useful for projects similar to mine.

(I am writing a physics library for FS helicopters for my own fun , but It is already complicated enough....)

thank you for your help

Fred

if you can add it to the next planned release, I think it could be useful for projects similar to mine.

The Lateral CG percent value is now available in FSUIPC4 offset 2E78 (64-bit double), in version 4.523 from the Updates announcement above.

I've not checked it -- I wouldn't know whether it was right or wrong. I guess in FSX the only lateral CG offset would arise from unbalanced fuel? Of can the payload be one side or t'other?

Regards

Pete