The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 Throttle setting

I have finally decided to switch from FS2004 to FSX. I used FSUIPC 3 for the FS2004 without any problem but when I tried to do the same procedures for the FSX using the FSUIPC4 the throttle settings go only ass far as 38% and then slowly return to idle. I have tried different ways but I either am doing something wrong or perhaps have something missing. Can you please help in solving this problem?

regards,

Joe Saliba

I have finally decided to switch from FS2004 to FSX. I used FSUIPC 3 for the FS2004 without any problem but when I tried to do the same procedures for the FSX using the FSUIPC4 the throttle settings go only ass far as 38% and then slowly return to idle. I have tried different ways but I either am doing something wrong or perhaps have something missing. Can you please help in solving this problem?

The methods for assigning and calibrating throttles, or any other axes for that matter, are the same in FSUIPC3 and FSUIPC4. It sounds like you simply are not actually calibrating -- please follow the steps in the documentation.

If you are happy with your FSUIPC3 settings you could even use the FSUIPC.INI file from FSUIPC3, renaming it to FSUIPC4.INI. Note, though, that if you are using FSUIPC axis assignment, some of the axis numbers may be different.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for your suggestion. But when I copied the FSUIPC3.INI file and placed it instead of the FSUIPC4.INI file in the MODULES section of vthe FSX, I still had no changes into the throttle which keeps raising to 38% and then slowly returns to idle. By the way I have re-calibrated the CH Quadrant axis9 same as I did with FSUIPC3). It seems I am missing something. Can you think of other causes?

I thankd you in advance,

regards,

Joe Saliba

Thanks for your suggestion. But when I copied the FSUIPC3.INI file and placed it instead of the FSUIPC4.INI file in the MODULES section of vthe FSX, I still had no changes into the throttle which keeps raising to 38% and then slowly returns to idle. By the way I have re-calibrated the CH Quadrant axis9 same as I did with FSUIPC3). It seems I am missing something. Can you think of other causes?

If the throttle is doing this of its own accord, without you moving the throttle at all, then you most certainly have something else doing it, not FSUIPC when doesn't touch anything whilst the inputs aren't changing.

Where are you ASSIGNING the throttle? In FS or in FSUIPC? Do NOT assign anything in FSUIPC without unassigning it in FS or you will have conflicts. Also check that nothing else is also assigned to the throttle.

However, if it is slowly returning, and not simply jerking back, then it sounds like there is some specific software running which is doing it. Check all your other add-ons. If it only does it with one specific aircraft, check that, obviously.

Pete

Many thanks, your guidance have solved my problem. The throttles worked beautifully when I used a different aircraft in FSX. Indeed the problem is with the aircraft from the add-on. Obviously this is causing the problem and have now to see how to solve this as the same add-on for fs9 and FSUIPC3 works perfectly.

One again many thanks for the time given to my problem and for offering the solution.

regards,

Joe Saliba