The simFlight Network Forums

Moving Carriers

Hi All,

I would like to ask a question about moving carriers in FSX.

Is it possible, for example using FSUIPC or otherwise, to dynamically extract the latitude and longitude of the moving carriers in FSX for programming use? On face value, it seems like it should be relatively simple but I can't seem to find any pointers as to how to do it. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Also, and I appreciate that this is a tougher ask (!), is there any chance that it could be done for CFS2, again via FSUIPC perhaps?

Many thanks for any help, this is a really useful forum.

Regards.

Is it possible, for example using FSUIPC or otherwise, to dynamically extract the latitude and longitude of the moving carriers in FSX for programming use? On face value, it seems like it should be relatively simple but I can't seem to find any pointers as to how to do it. Maybe I'm just not looking in the right places.

Not via FSUIPC, which only provides aircraft data for TCAS purposes.

If the carriers in FSX are AI objects, then you will be able to read all of their data from SimConnect. If they are implemented as dynamic scenery objects, as in previous FS releases, then there is no way I know of.

is there any chance that it could be done for CFS2, again via FSUIPC perhaps?

No way. They are most certainly just dynamic scenery objects. Sorry.

Regards

Pete