The simFlight Network Forums

porblems with FSUIPC 3.03 and FDC

Hi,

Just installed a fresh system runnning win2k pro.

installed fs2004

installed FDC

Installed FSUIPC (3.03)

Got this (from the fsuipc log):

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.03 by Pete Dowson *********

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC Key=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WideFS Key=""

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027<0000B027>

InitDelay: 3 seconds

1156 System time = 15:46:49

Internal Debug Code 0

1156 D:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

2906 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

2937 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

4203 System time = 15:46:52, FS2004 time = 15:46:51 (22:46Z)

4422 Client Application: "Flightdeck_Comp" (Id=1704)

4422 D:\Program Files\FDC\flightdeck_companion.exe

4422 Product="FlightDeck Companion"

4422 Company="OnCourse Software Ltd"

4531Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

18484 ### IPC Message processed in 13953mSecs ###

27906 System time = 15:47:16, FS2004 time = 15:46:51 (22:46Z)

27906 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 57 Allocs, 57 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *********

Dave from FDC ensists that FDC is accredited and everyone else seems to get it right. I must have installed FSUIPC wrong (is there a way to?)

What am I doing wrong?

4422 Product="FlightDeck Companion"

4422 Company="OnCourse Software Ltd"

4531Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC

Dave from FDC ensists that FDC is accredited and everyone else seems to get it right. I must have installed FSUIPC wrong (is there a way to?)

No, not FSUIPC. It looks like you are not using a version of FDC that provides the appropriate access key. Please send this log to Dave, and tell him mexactly what version you are using. I'm sure he can sort it out. He did sort all this out back a month ago as far as I know.

Regards,

Pete

I've found the problem in running Flightdeck Companion. It's only applicable to Windows 2000. It seems there's a bug in one of the Windows routines I use which truncates the names of programs I'm asking about to 15 characters. In FDC's case this stops me recognising the correct name to check the access key against.

The bug was evidently fixed in Windows XP and it never found its way into Windows 98.

I've worked out a way around it and will incorporate a fix in the next update to FSUIPC, version 3.04, early this week (hopefully Monday, but possibly Tuesday).

Regards,

Pete

• 1 year later...

I've the problem with FDC 2.0 and FSUIPC 3.3 too (Win XP)

There's no known problems with 3.3 and FDC. The only problem I know of was with Windows 2000 only (not XP), and was certainly fixed in an FSUIPC version long ago.

I suggest you contact FDC support.

Regards,

Pete

Hallo Pete,

thank you very much for your fast answer

I've checked the FDC-Forums and have (hopefully) find a solution.

My programm-versions are :

FDC 2.0

FSUIPC 3.3

FS 2002

In the FDC-Forum I have found a discription that FSUIPC unregistered at version 3.0 or higher is only for FS2004.

Yesterday I have checked an older 2.91-Version of FSUIPC and it works.

With Version 3.3 I can start FS2002 and FDC but I get the popup-message

"Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC".

My question now is, if I register for FSUIPC 3.44 is that Version compatible with FS2002 or not ?

I hope you didn't get tired of such questions ;-)

thanks

tab25

In the FDC-Forum I have found a discription that FSUIPC unregistered at version 3.0 or higher is only for FS2004.

No, FSUIPC 3.xxx works on all versions of FS from FS98 onwards,, up to and including FS2004.

With Version 3.3 I can start FS2002 and FDC but I get the popup-message "Program not accredited for use with this unregistered FSUIPC".

It must be an old version of FDC, then, because some version of FDC has most certainly been accredited, and has a built in access key for FSUIPC 3. Maybe it was updated for FS2004?

My question now is, if I register for FSUIPC 3.44 is that Version compatible with FS2002 or not ?

FSUIPC 3.44 works on FS98, FS2000, FS2002 and FS2004. It will also provide some features on CFS1 and CFS2, but not CFS3.

Regards,

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

sorry my fault, I've checked the fsuipc-error-log and have found that a EurowingsPro Panel-Gauge named "HHA319.gau" is the problem.

I will check this at the FDC-/Eurowings-Sites.

By the time I've got my FSUIPC-Registration-Key too and I think there should be no such error messages more

thanks for your help

regards

thomas

sorry my fault, I've checked the fsuipc-error-log and have found that a EurowingsPro Panel-Gauge named "HHA319.gau" is the problem.

Okay.

I don't think that's a gauge which uses FSUIPC in any case. Certainly it isn't on my list of gauges which have an access key.

Regards,

Pete