The simFlight Network Forums

Creating a Non-Linear Responce

Hello

I posted in the PMDG forums that i was wondering if there was a way to make the 737 less responsive to the throttles when taxing as a tiny amount of throttle increased the taxi speed fairly dramatically. I got a responce saying that FUSPIC was able to "create a non-linear response for the control, which can be used to desensitize the bottom of the throttle travel." I assume that this is the slope button on the calibration page, however could you help me to do this?

Thanks

David

I posted in the PMDG forums that i was wondering if there was a way to make the 737 less responsive to the throttles when taxing as a tiny amount of throttle increased the taxi speed fairly dramatically. I got a responce saying that FUSPIC was able to "create a non-linear response for the control, which can be used to desensitize the bottom of the throttle travel." I assume that this is the slope button on the calibration page, however could you help me to do this?

Really the technique for taxiing an airliner is to increase the throttle till it starts moving, then IMMEDIATELY reduce it to almost idle. You should be able to taxi with almost no throttle once it is actually moving, just increasing it again for corners when the tyre friction will slow it down a lot.

You don't really need help for setting slopes -- there are even pictures in the User Guide, and the slope can be seen graphically in the FSUIPC calibration tab -- simply press the slope button after calibration and move the slider down or up depending where you want the flatter response (flat = slow response, steep = fast response). By default (slope 0) it is linear, as you will see.

Pete