The simFlight Network Forums

Key Mapping GoFlight MCP, PMDG and FSUIPC

Hi, Pete.

I'm trying to map some key commands to use with the PMDG 737 which I downloaded from GoFlight's website for their MCP panel, but FSUIPC is not seeing any of the buttons or rotaries on the MCP when I go into the Buttons and Switches or KeyPresses Tab, and I'm wondering if there's some special install instructions I may have missed that pertain to GoFlight equipment in general.

I'm using FSUIPC registered version 3.915 and the GF dev.dll downloaded last night from the latest releases page here, installed directly on the FS machine and I've tried the GFdev.dll in both the GoFlight programs folder and, just for jollies, in the Modules folder in FS9 right next to FSUIPC.dll. but still no unique joy stick assignments or button recognition on the MCP in FSUIPC. Of course the MCP works just fine on the default aircraft (I guess) because I'm simply running it through their software. I have WideFS installed with Active Sky 6.5, PFE, and a couple of other addons running on another machine, but this situation occurs whether the WideClient is connected or not.

My confusion right now is simply that FSUIPC isn't assigning an independent Joy # to any of my GoFlight equipment such that I'm used to seeing with my CH Yoke and TQ, and my Saitek pedals, (Joy 1, Joy 2 and Joy 3 respectively) although when I press the buttons on my RP-48 or GF-P8, the FSUIPC Keypresses page reports the assigned keystroke commands (i.e. ctrl-sh-3) are being made, albeit under joy #1, my CH Yoke. (I've assigned those keystrokes in the GoFlight software, not FSUIPC.)

I've done all the basics, different USB ports, etc., and I've done several searches here and read quite a bit about the travails of GoFlight owners, PMDG, etc., and gathered a lot of information, but if I can't get my FS9 install to recognize the equipment as separate Joysticks, I'm sunk at the very beginning. I just feel like I've just missed something basic here.

Thanks for any insight you can provide that might move me forward.

Chuck B.

Philadelphia, PA

I'm trying to map some key commands to use with the PMDG 737 which I downloaded from GoFlight's website for their MCP panel, but FSUIPC is not seeing any of the buttons or rotaries on the MCP when I go into the Buttons and Switches or KeyPresses Tab, and I'm wondering if there's some special install instructions I may have missed that pertain to GoFlight equipment in general.

No idea, sorry. Is this MCP the one supported by the version of GFDev.DLL you are using? FSUIPC supports one called GFMCP and one called GFMCPPRO.

I'm using FSUIPC registered version 3.915 and the GF dev.dll downloaded last night from the latest releases page here, installed directly on the FS machine and I've tried the GFdev.dll in both the GoFlight programs folder and, just for jollies, in the Modules folder in FS9 right next to FSUIPC.dll.

You shouldn't put non-FS DLLs in the Modules folder, because they can crash FS -- it tries to run every DLL there. The GoFlight install should install it in the same place as your "GFconfig.exe" program -- FSUIPC uses the Registry path for that install to find it.

Alternatively, Windows will probably find it if it is in the main FS folder, or in the Windows\System32 folder (I think).

My confusion right now is simply that FSUIPC isn't assigning an independent Joy # to any of my GoFlight equipment such that I'm used to seeing with my CH Yoke and TQ, and my Saitek pedals, (Joy 1, Joy 2 and Joy 3 respectively) although when I press the buttons on my RP-48 or GF-P8, the FSUIPC Keypresses page reports the assigned keystroke commands (i.e. ctrl-sh-3) are being made, albeit under joy #1, my CH Yoke. (I've assigned those keystrokes in the GoFlight software, not FSUIPC.)

No confusion should occur. Obviously FSUIPC hasn't been able to load GFDev.DLL at all.

Maybe the current GoFlight installer doesn't install GFDev.dll with GFconfig.dll like it used to? That would be rather annoying and increase my support load unnecessarily. if this is the case, perhaps you'd be kind enough to complain about that on the GoFlight forum, or to their support.

With the WideFS client connection it is easier, because GFDev.dll can simply go into the same folder as WideClient.exe. But you can't do that with FSUIPC.DLL because of the way FS module loading works.

Regards

Pete

[

Maybe the current GoFlight installer doesn't install GFDev.dll with GFconfig.dll like it used to? That would be rather annoying and increase my support load unnecessarily. if this is the case, perhaps you'd be kind enough to complain about that on the GoFlight forum, or to their support.

Thanks, Pete. At least you've given me a direction in which to look. I'll keep hammering at it, I was just afraid I missed something. Regardless, I'm pretty disappointed and I've a mind to complain to GoFlight in any event that they would charge so much for hardware that's only compatible basically with the default aircraft. Or maybe to PMDG for their part in this rediculous situation. From what I've been reading there cerntainly are quite a large a number of upset GoFlight/PMDG customers . . .

If I figure out what's wrong I'll post back with the solution. Thank you again for your time.