The simFlight Network Forums

On/Off switches on Iocard USBAxes

Hi,

I would like to have my entire throttle commands on the Opencockpit USBAxes and all pots and switches configured via FSUIPC...

What I know is that all switches there are read as momentary switches even if they are on/off switches. But I realy need to use on/off switches : for example "Parking brake" switch!

My question... is it possible to use this type of switch using USBAxes and FSUIPC? If I place the switch ion the "on" position will it stay on "on" until I turrn it back to "off" or will it turn "off" immediatly?

Thank you,

Al

What I know is that all switches there are read as momentary switches even if they are on/off switches.

Really? Are they all buttons, then, or truly latching toggle switches? The the latter and they are operating only momentarily, then they should give a different switch number when going off to on than from on to off. Can you clarify, please?

But I realy need to use on/off switches : for example "Parking brake" switch!

You can program a button to switch on with one press, and off with the next, alternately. In fact all of the FS controls called "Toggle" operate this way. And the standard FS Parking Brake control is also a toggle (the control normally assigned in FS to Ctrl+.)

My question... is it possible to use this type of switch using USBAxes and FSUIPC? If I place the switch ion the "on" position will it stay on "on" until I turrn it back to "off" or will it turn "off" immediatly?

You need to tell me what FSUIPC sees when you turn it on, and then when you turn it off. If you are correct in saying it is only momentary, then how will anything ever detect it being turned off?

I suspect that either you are mistaken, and it isn't momentary, or it is but it indicates a different switch number when operated on-to-off.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

Thank you for your so fassssst answer :)

You answered me here...

"You can program a button to switch on with one press, and off with the next, alternately"

I do not still have the USBAxes card so I cannot tell you what FSUIPC sees... But I will order it and will let you know once that card installed.

Thanks

You answered me here...

"You can program a button to switch on with one press, and off with the next, alternately"

I do not still have the USBAxes card so I cannot tell you what FSUIPC sees... But I will order it and will let you know once that card installed.

Okay. I suspect that if the switches look like latching toggle switches then they will not be momentary in any case. I can point you in the right direction, either way -- when you know what they do!

Regards

Pete