The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC LOCKS WHEN TRYING TO REGISTER

Hi Pete.

I have registered fsuipc and widefs and have bothe keys, however i start flight sim acess the menu - modules - then start fsuipc i click on register fsuipc registration window opens the cursor flashes four times in the text box then dissapears, and fsuipc and f/sim are locked (f/sim not responding).

I have uninstalled/re-installed both fsuipc.dll and widefs.dll the problem remains, i have completed a few test flights with fsuipc installed and unregistered and without fsuipc and have no problems. I have tried everything i can think of that may be causing this but come up blank and do not realy want to do another re-install of fs and the addons i have. I would appreciate any suggestions you may have as to how to rectify this, and await your response.

Regards

Les Roach

i start flight sim acess the menu - modules - then start fsuipc i click on register fsuipc registration window opens the cursor flashes four times in the text box then dissapears, and fsuipc and f/sim are locked (f/sim not responding).

The few times this has occurred before it has most often been due to a faulty version of an FS module called Actigate.DLL. Check your FS Modules folder. Just remove it temporarily when registering.

It this isn't it, the only other one I know of which has occurred and been proven is a Kensington mouse driver. If you use one of those you may need to uninstall it and use the regular Microsoft driver.

Finally, failing both of these, please list any other Add-On DLLs you have installed in the Modules folder. Not the normal Windows ones, the add-ons. Maybe there are others which interact badly. Someone thought PMDGoptions.DLL caused a similar problem on their system, but I never got confirmation of that.

Also, start FS with a default aircraft not an add-on, just in case.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete.

Firstly thanks for the promt reply didnt expect one till tommorow, that shows great dedication to your products. Yes faulty actigate.dll was the problem. all registered now and happy as a pig, realy didnt fancy re-installing another 85gb or so of files.

Now i need to find a replacement actigate.dll, dont want it malfunctioning in anything else.

Regards

Les Roach

Now i need to find a replacement actigate.dll, dont want it malfunctioning in anything else.

If you need it (I never knew what it was actually for!) then just put it back if you can't find a later version. I had a so-called "bad" one sent to me to see if I could reproduce the problem and so maybe find out what was going on, but it would never do its hanging trick for me -- and I don't think it does for many. Seems a tricky combination of circumstances, but we don't know what.

Regards

Pete

HI Pete.

Just a follow up. I thought id let you know what actigate is actually used for, "This modules makes extra variables available to scenery designers, which they can use to make their scenery more interactive." thats extracted fronm the actigate sdk manual, i have replaced the dll, however if i had thought more i could have just turned it off in flight sim using the modules drop down menu !!

From my undrstanding there have been a fair amount of random hanging/interference with other software, from time to time, but nothing too serious, and as you say it dosnt do it on all setup and machines, it never did before on mine, only after the re-install.

Kind Regards

Les

Just a follow up. I thought id let you know what actigate is actually used for, "This modules makes extra variables available to scenery designers, which they can use to make their scenery more interactive." thats extracted fronm the actigate sdk manual

Thanks for the information. I suppose I've never installed any scenery that used it. Odd, because in FS2004 days I think I installed just about everything!

i have replaced the dll, however if i had thought more i could have just turned it off in flight sim using the modules drop down menu !!

That might only turn off some of its actions. It may not stop the problem. The DLL will still be loaded, so it depends what it is doing which somehow interferes with things.

Regards

Pete