The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC 3.90 has wrong digital signature

I downloaded the latest version (3.90) of FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and the signature is not the one given in the documentation. The signature on the file is:

Name: simFlight GmbH

E-mail: miguel at simflight.com (changed the format of this a little so that spammers won't pick it up)

Signing time: Thursday, February 26, 2009 17:37:09

Is this a safe signature? It isn't signed by Peter Dowson, even though the documentation says that it should be.

I downloaded the latest version (3.90) of FSUIPC from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson.html and the signature is not the one given in the documentation. The signature on the file is:

Name: simFlight GmbH

Is this a safe signature? It isn't signed by Peter Dowson, even though the documentation says that it should be.

Ah, sorry. The documentation needs updating.

My own Certificate, the one my name, expires this month. I tried to get it renewed earlier this year, but it seems now that none of the accredited agencies will issue certificates, even renewals, to individuals, only to Registered Companies. I am not going to all that trouble just for a certificate, so my publishers, simFlight (the owners of these Forums and of SimMarket) kindly stepped in and purchased the certificate for me. So it is now in simFlight's name.

It is good. I shall update the documentation in the next release. Thank you for pointing it out (I did update it in the FSUIPC4 user guide!).

Regards

Pete