The simFlight Network Forums

fsuipc and Vox ATC

Hi Pete

I wonder if you could shed some light on this issue for me:

I am running FSX with fsuipc latest version, i also have the following addons: ASA, GEX FEX Fsgenesis UTX and Vox ATC, the issue is on launching Vox, I sse no AI Traffic, but i can hear jets at parking gates, when I open fsuipc and just go to a few tabs, not changing anything, then exit fsuipc, AI traffic is showing, is this anything to do with fsuipc or is there a setting I need to enable.

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Alex

I am running FSX with fsuipc latest version

Best if you quoted version numbers, please as "latest" just means the latest you've noticed, and I've had folks say that when it turned out they were using one over a year old!

i also have the following addons: ASA, GEX FEX Fsgenesis UTX and Vox ATC, the issue is on launching Vox, I sse no AI Traffic, but i can hear jets at parking gates, when I open fsuipc and just go to a few tabs, not changing anything, then exit fsuipc, AI traffic is showing, is this anything to do with fsuipc or is there a setting I need to enable.

The only thing FSUIPC might be doing when entering and exiting its options is reading and saving sections in the INI file -- depending only on which tabs you visit. There's nothing FSUIPC does which should affect AI Traffic unless you use on of its add-on traffic controls, like the traffic density ones (which won't affect VoxATC injected traffic) and the Zapper. If you don't use those it won't (can't) affect anything.

Of course, to get into the options it has to get SimConnect to change to dialogue mode. Possibly entering and exiting dialogue mode may stimulate some other part of FSX into action. Or maybe it is just the graphics which of course re-draw on exit. Perhaps you should try some of the other FSX dialogues, like the display options. They might get the same result.

I've recently installed Ultimate Traffic 2 (UT2), which, like VoxATC, also injects the traffic via SimConnect rather than using Traffic files (BGLs). That seems to have a problem where all the traffic is removed and re-injected every time you go into any of the FSX menu entries and exit again. The authors are still looking for a solution, I believe. Maybe this odd FSX bug (because I think it must be) is affecting VoxATC too?

Note that the method of injecting traffic does not get them visible immediately. You say "on launching Vox, I sse no AI Traffic", but do you wait some seconds to see if they are merely taking a while to appear? Do you try different views, to get the graphics updated?

Any help or suggestions will be gratefully appreciated.

Sorry, I think you'll need to pursue it along the VoxATC support avenues. Good luck!

Regards

Pete