The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 freeze when selecting button & switches tab

FS9 freeze when selecting button & switches tab in fsuipc, the only way to get out is kill fs9 in taskmgr. It happened once back some time ago and darn if I can remember, I have a feeling it's some kind reference problem but not sure. In fsuipc I can select axis, misc, calibration etc. all except Button & Switches...bang...frozen! FS9.cfg was recently rebuilt, does this have anything to do with? Peter, I have included my fsuipc.ini, just change the extension to ini to read it.

Thanks

FSUIPC.zip

I had a similar problem and tracked it down to the software for my Kensington Trackball. My software runs a KMW_Run.exe and KMW_Show.exe I'm not sure what they are supposed to do, but without them, I eliminated draw problems on the same tab you're having issues with.

This also affected the display of FSX itself, whenever I moved the mouse, the screen would freeze.

So my suggestion is to see if your mouse runs any background programs.

That's all I got.

Joe

FS9 freeze when selecting button & switches tab in fsuipc, the only way to get out is kill fs9 in taskmgr. It happened once back some time ago and darn if I can remember, I have a feeling it's some kind reference problem but not sure. In fsuipc I can select axis, misc, calibration etc. all except Button & Switches...bang...frozen! FS9.cfg was recently rebuilt, does this have anything to do with? Peter, I have included my fsuipc.ini, just change the extension to ini to read it.

As Joe said, one possible reason for this, which has occurred in the past, is some sort of weird interaction with the Kensington mouse drivers. It could also be due to an old Game Port driver which is hanging, but that should affect the Axes assignments tab as well (check Windows Game Controllers for anything wrong there). Finally, there may be something responding incorrectly when FSUIPC scans for an EPIC driver, so you could try eliminating that by adding this line to the main [buttons] section in the INI:

PollEpicButtons=No

Regards

Pete