The simFlight Network Forums

VRS FA18E not recognizing PFC Throttle Quadrant

I have been trying to get the VRSFA18E (FS9) to recognize my PFC throttle quadrant. All of my other add-on aircraft recognize the quadrant. Part of their initialization process asks for the throttle quadrant to be selected on the joystick assignments page, but I have never seen the PFC throttle quadrant appear in the listings. Should it? Also, can you think of any reason why just this aircraft would not be able to read the PFC quadrant?

Thanks!

I have been trying to get the VRSFA18E (FS9) to recognize my PFC throttle quadrant. All of my other add-on aircraft recognize the quadrant.

If you mean the PFC quadrant which works via their digital control system and connects via serial port (or USB serial adapter) to my PFC.DLL driver in the PFC, then it isn't the "aircraft recognising the throttle quadrant", but my PFC.DLL driver operating the throttles and so on in FS. All aircraft do is obey the commands from FS, which are translated from whatever inputs might be present and assigned or programmed.

Part of their initialization process asks for the throttle quadrant to be selected on the joystick assignments page, but I have never seen the PFC throttle quadrant appear in the listings.

What joystick assignments page? You mean the one in FS "options-controls-assignments"? That is for regular joysticks, connected and calibrated in Windows' "Game controllers". For PFC digital devices you assign and calibrate in the PFC dialgoue -- go to the Modules menu, find PFC and the quadrants are assignable there.

Should it? Also, can you think of any reason why just this aircraft would not be able to read the PFC quadrant?

No aircraft I know of ever reads hardware directly. They are merely obeying controls sent by FS itself.

Regards

Pete