The simFlight Network Forums

Updated FSX Controls List

Hello again,

I've been labeling my button assignments in FSUIPC.ini so I know what to copy and paste for various profiles.

I came across Control #66701. It's not listed in the FS2004 Controls List, so I figure it's new to FSX? It should be the Avionics Master switch.

Is there a plan for a updated Controls List or is that something you'd like me to do for you.

Regards,

Joe

I've been labeling my button assignments in FSUIPC.ini so I know what to copy and paste for various profiles.

I came across Control #66701. It's not listed in the FS2004 Controls List, so I figure it's new to FSX? It should be the Avionics Master switch.

If you are dealing with FSX why are you looking in the FS2004 controls list? It is clearly listed in the List of FSX controls:

AVIONICS_MASTER_SET 66701

Is there a plan for a updated Controls List or is that something you'd like me to do for you.

Have you never seen the files installed for you by the FSUIPC4 installer, nor noticed the list in the User Guide where it is itemised thus:

List of FSX Controls.pdf FSX controls list (Acrobat format) ?

The list is generated semi-automatically from FS itself, part of my development process. In fact it changed a bit for each version of FSX (base, SP1 and SP2). The one automatically installed into your FSX Modules folder by the FSUIPC4 installer will be the one relevant to the latest version of FSX available at the time that version of FSUIPC4 was built.

Regards

Pete

Have you never seen the files installed for you by the FSUIPC4 installer...

:oops: No, because I'm a dumb ass. I was going with how it was with FS9. :roll: The manuals were included with the zip and not installed into the modules directory so I didn't even think to look there.

The other thing is when I went into that directory to make the shortcut to the FSUIPC.ini file, I didn't even notice them, or bother looking at any of the other files.

Once again, sorry to waste your time.

Joe

The manuals were included with the zip and not installed into the modules directory ...

Ah, but then FSUIPC for FS9 never had an installer! FSX changed all that by not even having a Modules folder and needing entries in the DLL.XML file in order to get a module loaded! ;-)

Glad you've found everything now!

Pete