The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC4 4.52 Will Not Install - Error

After I have downloaded the program and then extract all of the files into a folder on the desktop, then try to install the program it says it. (Problem! Cannot edit the DLL.XML file to activate FSUIPC. Please check the documentation and do this manually.)

Can Someone help me Because i Dont know what that means and how or where to do the action it's telling me to do manually..

I have Windows Vista and i have FSX and SP1 installed.

Thank you

After I have downloaded the program and then extract all of the files into a folder on the desktop, then try to install the program it says it. (Problem! Cannot edit the DLL.XML file to activate FSUIPC. Please check the documentation and do this manually.)

There's a log produced by the Install program which will help me help you -- that is what it is for. Please find your FSX folder, look for the Modules folder and find the Install log file. Show it to me. (It will be a copy of the one shown to you on screen during Installation).

It sounds like either some other program you installed has protected the DLL.XML file, which prevents other FSX modules from installing, or, possibly more likely, has corrupted that file. If you can find it, show it to me too -- it is in the same folder as your FSX.CFG file (provided you've actually run FSX before -- if not, do so, THEN try to re-install FSUIPC4).

To find the DLL.XML file, use Explorer: go to Users - your log on name - AppData - Microsoft - FSX. The file is a text file. Open it with Notepad, then copy and paste it into a message here.

If you can find it you can also try renaming it (say DLL old.XML) then re-run the FSUIPC4 installer -- it will make a new one to get itself loaded.

Regards

Pete