Right Ice Vane

W`shield Pilot

" Co-Pilot

Prop Auto

" Manual

Fuel Vent left

" right

Surface Manual.

What I want to do is to use a button of my ThrQ to extend both Ice Vanes (and to retract them). So I opened Button and Switches, pressed the button I want to assign/Select for FS-Control. Then I tried all possibilities under "Contr. sent when button pressed" from "Anti Ice off to Anti Ice Toggle Eng4". But the only toggle who reacted was Prop Auto.

Is there a hidden solution for my intention?

Regards, Guenther

I have on my King Air B 200 the following Anti-Ice-Toggles:

What I want to do is to use a button of my ThrQ to extend both Ice Vanes (and to retract them). So I opened Button and Switches, pressed the button I want to assign/Select for FS-Control. Then I tried all possibilities under "Contr. sent when button pressed" from "Anti Ice off to Anti Ice Toggle Eng4". But the only toggle who reacted was Prop Auto.

Is there a hidden solution for my intention?

Is this an add-on plane, not default? For FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004 or FSX? Or even mayb CFS1 or CFS2?

If there are no FS controls to operate it, and it is an add-on aircraft, then has the programmer provided any way to control these things?

Some little extra information might help me help you! ;-)

Regards

Pete

Yes Pete,

its an add-on plane, The King Air B 200 from Aeroworx. Its for FS2004 and I use it on FS2004.

All the mentioned toggles are operapable and can be moved by mouseclick.

When I click the 2 toggles for Ice Vanes left and right, I can see on the outside view of the plane howe the Ice Vanes come out on the downside of the engines.

If you need more information, please let me know.

Regards, Guenther

its an add-on plane, The King Air B 200 from Aeroworx. Its for FS2004 and I use it on FS2004.

All the mentioned toggles are operapable and can be moved by mouseclick.

It may be that there's no provision by the Aeroworx to operate them by key-stroke. Have you checked the documentation? If you can assign keystrokes for those actions you can certainly program joystick buttons to send those keystrokes for you, in FSUIPC.

There's a very remote possibility that they used otherwise unused FS controls for those actions. To see if this is the case you can enable "Event logging" in FSUIPC's Logging Tab, then operate the controls by mouse, then look at the FSUIPC.LOG file (in the FS Modules folder) to see if it detected any events being used. If this is happening you can assign those same events to your buttons.

The only other possibility with FSUIPC alone is to see if they programmed their cockpit in a way which is amenable to FSUIPC's "mouse macro" facilities. Have you tried this yet? Please refer to the section on this in the FSUIPC user guide.

If none of these things apply, then the only other thing you could do, aside from complaining to Aeroworx about their lack of provisions in this area, is to buy Luciano Napolitano's "Key2Mouse" utility, which converts key presses to mouse moves and presses. Then you assign the joystick button to the keypress assigned to the mouse operation ...

Regards

Pete

Hallo Pete,

I followed your suggestions but without success. So there are obviously no keystrokes for this wished action. And there is also no reaction on my trial to create a mouse macro.

The Event Logging showed the following:

1384516 """ Event: Cntrl=66484 (0x000103b4) Param=0 (0x00000000) Anti_Ice_Toggle_Eng1

1385539 66485 (0x000103b5) " " " Eng2

So in my understanding is there a reaction when I move by mousclick the toggles for both Ice Vanes left and right. Shouldnt it then be possible to use this signals to assign them to a button?

Thank you for your patience with me and my problems.

Regards, Guenther

I followed your suggestions but without success. So there are obviously no keystrokes for this wished action. And there is also no reaction on my trial to create a mouse macro.

The Event Logging showed the following:

1384516 """ Event: Cntrl=66484 (0x000103b4) Param=0 (0x00000000) Anti_Ice_Toggle_Eng1

1385539 66485 (0x000103b5) " " " Eng2

Great! So you can simply assign keystrokes or buttons to those FS controls, "Anti_Ice_Toggle_Eng1" and "Anti_Ice_Toggle_Eng2". FSUIPC's drop-downs features ALL possible FS controls. Those are but 2 of many.

So in my understanding is there a reaction when I move by mousclick the toggles for both Ice Vanes left and right. Shouldnt it then be possible to use this signals to assign them to a button?

Yes. And how do you suggest this be done? There's only one way I know:

You can emulate a mouse click is by having a program which records the mouse positions (they must never move) and then, when asked, moves the mouse pointer and sends the button clicks. The program which does this is by Luciano Napolitano and is called "Key2Mouse". That will enable you to assign a keystroke for mouse actions.

Then you assign a button to the keystroke.

Regards

Pete