The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC problem

There is a bit of a problem with FSUIPC (3.90), when i put it in none of my control surfaces work (throttle, rudder, elevators, ailerons, trim etc), but when i put an older version in (3.72) they all seem to work. I have a virtual airline and FSUIPC is a very very good and vital must have, that makes my airline client conect to the flight sim. The only problem is that the client runs of of the latest FSUIPC version, and that makes flightsim controls not work. It is a major set back, i have been meaning to contact you for a while, for about 6 months it worked perfectly, but has kind of stopped any kind of flying for my airline for 2 months now, it is the unregistered version, but this shouldn't matter.

Sorry to bother you, and only if possible, could you email me at j4cko56@hotmail.co.uk

Jack Lindley, CEO - Legacair Virtual Airlines...

There is a bit of a problem with FSUIPC (3.90), when i put it in none of my control surfaces work (throttle, rudder, elevators, ailerons, trim etc), but when i put an older version in (3.72) they all seem to work.

How are they assigned, via FSUIPC axis assignment or only via FS? All calibrated in FSUIPC? Any log file I can look at?

I have a virtual airline and FSUIPC is a very very good and vital must have, that makes my airline client conect to the flight sim. The only problem is that the client runs of of the latest FSUIPC version, and that makes flightsim controls not work.

I don't understand this part. can you re-phrase that? What client, exactly?

It is a major set back, i have been meaning to contact you for a while, for about 6 months it worked perfectly, but has kind of stopped any kind of flying for my airline for 2 months now, it is the unregistered version, but this shouldn't matter.

If it isn't registered, then it isn't doing anything with any joystick inputs. All those are part of the user facilities which registration brings.

Sorry, I think you need to explain rather more. Like

* how are these control surfaces connected?

* where are they assigned?

* where are they calibrated

* do they work with default aircraft or only not work "on-line"?

* what are you installing FSUIPC for anyway, if you aren't using its user facilities -- i.e. what programs are using it?

* what is this "client" you speak of?

* please run FS with 3.90 installed, close FS then find the FSUIPC.LOG file, from the FS modules folder, and show me it.

As I say, FSUIPC really doesn't touch ANY buttons, control surfaces, nothing at all, when you are not registered. So it is probably connected with some accessory program you've not mentioned.

Regards

Pete

Basicaly, i have a normal set up, everything is programed through FS, and it is ONLY when the 3.90 version is put in, it is definatly a problem with the module, but i dont know what.

FSUIPC touches nothing programmed through FS. There's something else interfering with it, maybe through FSUIPC's facilities.

If you aren't going to bother even showing me the Log as I asked, I cannot really help any further. Just blaming FSUIPC does not help. If installing 3.90 broke joystick inputs there'd be hell up from thousands of users. No, it's something on your system, and you aren't helping I'm afraid.

I see that "client" you mentioned uses FSUIPC. If you remove that does it solve the problem? Do you have any other programs, aircraft or modules using FSUIPC? Don't forget, without registration, all FSUIPC becomes is an interface for other programs to do as they wish with FS. FSUIPC, unregistered, is completely dormant, just an interface. nothing more.

Regards

Pete

I can't find the .LOG file so im going to guess that one of these is it, and i cant send them.

[JoyNames]

AutoAssignLetters=No

0=Saitek X52 Flight Controller

1=Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

[General]

UpdatedByVersion=3900

TCASid=Flight

TCASrange=40

TrafficScanPerFrame=10

AxisCalibration=No

CentredDialogue=Yes

ShowMultilineWindow=Yes

SuppressSingleline=No

SuppressMultilineFS=No

ClearWeatherDynamics=Yes

OwnWeatherChanges=No

WeatherReadInterval=4

MoveBGLvariables=Yes

TimeForSelect=4

WeatherReadsFast=No

MainMenu=&Modules

SubMenu=&FSUIPC ...

History=UHN5FSTL6GUPKH2NN2UE5

[MacroFiles]

1=737 OHD

2=767

3=APchart

********* FSUIPC, Version 3.90 by Pete Dowson *********

Running on Windows Version 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 2

Verifying Certificate for "F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

FAILURE! "WinVerifyTrustEx" error 0x800B010A:

A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority

Running inside FS2004 (FS9.1 CONTROLS.DLL, FS9.1 WEATHER.DLL)

User Name=""

User Addr=""

FSUIPC not user registered

WIDEFS not user registered, or expired

FSUIPC.DLL signature does not verify: running in failed mode!

... if the DLL has not been tampered with, then either the Cryptographic

Services in Windows are broken, or you need to run the Globalsign fix supplied.

Module base=61000000

ClassOptions: UIPCMAIN=FF7F, FS98MAIN=FF7F, FS2KMAIN=FF5E

WeatherOptions(Orig)=0000B027[0000B027]

InitDelay: 0 seconds

WeatherReadInterval=4

LogOptions=00000001

DebugStatus=0

68125 System time = 11:00:58

68125 F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\

68422 System time = 11:00:59, FS2004 time = 12:00:00 (00:00Z)

185891 FLIGHTS\OTHER\FLTSIM.flt

186015 AIRCRAFT\c172\Cessna172SP.air

206249 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

220554 C:\Users\owner\Documents\Flight Simulator Files\UI generated flight.flt

220835 Clear All Weather requested: external weather discarded

360393 WeatherOptions set, now 0000B027 (timer=0)

368349 System time = 11:05:59, FS2004 time = 11:03:38 (18:03Z)

368349 *** FSUIPC log file being closed

Memory managed: 30 Allocs, 561 Freed

********* FSUIPC Log file closed *** *******

post-35216-128689690723_thumb.jpg

I can't find the .LOG file so im going to guess that one of these is it, and i cant send them.

Evidently you have Windows hiding "known filetypes" from you. One of the first things you should do if you ever want to identify files correctly is turn that off in Windows Explorer options.

The first file you pasted was the INI file, probably "known" to windows as "configuration settings" or similar. The second is the Log file, maybe denoted simply as a "text" file by Windows.

Anyway the reason you have problems is because of this:

Verifying Certificate for "F:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator 9\MODULES\FSUIPC.dll" now ...

FAILURE! "WinVerifyTrustEx" error 0x800B010A:

A certificate chain could not be built to a trusted root authority

and the Message you get clearly states this and the solution:

FSUIPC.DLL signature does not verify: running in failed mode!

... if the DLL has not been tampered with, then either the Cryptographic

Services in Windows are broken, or you need to run the Globalsign fix supplied.

The fix is also documented in the FSUIPC user guide, and the ZIP contains the file referred to! Didn't you even look? If that doesn't work the most likely problem is that you have either deliberately or accidentally stopped Windows cryptographic services. Either that or windows is broken and needs repairing.

Note that this still wouldn't affect FS's response to your controls, as FSUIPC is not handling them and has nothing to do with them. But it will prevent any program using FSUIPC from operating correctly.

Regards

Pete