The simFlight Network Forums

Right Click stopped working in fsx

How stange , the right mouse button will no longer bring up a menu, it does nothing, the button works out of fsx but if I try to assign it to something in fsx, the program acts like it doesn't exist, something happened in the software. Does anybody have any clues or tips. I also discovered the alt key will not bring up the menu either. I think its a menu problem now. Windows open but not any menus. This happended after I left it on and tried to remote control my computer using logmein and I got a message that my video card is not capable of running fsx.

How stange , the right mouse button will no longer bring up a menu, it does nothing, the button works out of fsx but if I try to assign it to something in fsx, the program acts like it doesn't exist, something happened in the software. Does anybody have any clues or tips. I also discovered the alt key will not bring up the menu either. I think its a menu problem now. Windows open but not any menus. This happended after I left it on and tried to remote control my computer using logmein and I got a message that my video card is not capable of running fsx.

No idea, sorry. Does everything work okay in Windows generally (I mean outside FS)? If so then I'd advise you ask around in the FSX forum. If not i'd suspect a Windows registry or driver problem -- you might need to repair windows or go back to a restore point.

Regards

Pete

Well Pete, I got it fixed, I'm not sure what fixed it, but I used logmein again and it made fsx stop responding do to an incapable video card, like it did before I had this problem. Next I ended the FSX at which point it sent a message to MS telling them of the error. I figure since that's what started the problem then I might be able to toggle something and switch it back on. I turned logmein off and started FSX up and held down the alt key while the program started up thinking the alt key might be programmed as a toggle within the program and if I released it before pressing it , then it might free up the problem. One of the two fixed the problem, I got lucky on this one, I came to you for help because of your expertise hoping there was a config file or something I could reset . I tried reinstalling the mouse driver, no luck there. I'm creating a restore point right now while it still works. I assume the registry gets backed up with a restore point, don't see how it couldn't. Thanks for the tips.

Have you ever flown the mission in the Amazon with the Grumman p21a, its a tough one to do. When you get into the Anaconda temple you can't get out. I figured you have to use the push back feature to back the plane out of there. I also successfully landed at the last airport 1 time at the end of the mission but haven't been able to do it since. haha, but I found out you can land in the water next to the airport and the mission logs as successful. It's a lot of fun. See ya and hope fsuipc4 is doing well for ya. I'll probaly pick it up when winter sets in. What controllers do you like best, CH or Saitek, I've been looking into the CH ellipse, or the ch yoke with pedals. I've read too many complaints about Saitek procudts falling apart.

I got it fixed

Good.

Have you ever flown the mission in the Amazon with the Grumman p21a

No, sorry. Never had the time (nor really the inclination) for any of the missions. I fly in a 737 hardware cockpit and prefer therefore to fly 737s in any case. I do have a smaller Piper Arrow cockpit too, for VFR low level fun flying. I'm going to try FSFlyingSchool on that one.

What controllers do you like best, CH or Saitek, I've been looking into the CH ellipse, or the ch yoke with pedals. I've read too many complaints about Saitek procudts falling apart.

Sorry, not used either. Apart from my Piper Arrow cockpit, which is by Aerosoft Australia, all my gear is by PFC ( http://www.flypfc.com ). I did have a CH yoke about 10-15 years ago. It got very stiff and I had to get it serviced at CH's local agents in Shrewsbury. That yoke was scrapped years ago. Before that I had one of their FlightSticks, but that went to charity. I've no experience of their recent gear, nor Saitek's.

Regards

Pete

Wow Pete, the large aircraft like the 737 scare the 'you know what" out of me, lol. So many controls to deal with, however It is probably a good feeling to learn an aircraft that well. There are so many things to keep track of anyway while flying and knowing everything there is to know about an aircraft certainly clears the way for a succesful mission especially if something goes wrong.

I watched pbs today about a flight where two 747's collided on the runway in the late 70's. What a disaster, they said the pilot took off on his own accord without clearance from atc. The fog was very thick and the airport was overcrowded from a bombing at a larger airport that had diverted its traffic to where the crash happened. I guess the pilot was stressed beyond comprehension, you have to be crazy to do something like that. This pilot was a seasoned veteran, I bet the bombing was on his mind, as just getting behind schedule and worried about having to stay there overnight would not have been enough. The mind can be very powerful when overloaded. This really shows the limits of the human mind. Personally if I get stressed with too many things on my mind at one time I start burping at which point my dog runs under the couch. I think pilots should have dogs with them to keep an eye on stress levels. It might have prevented such a terrible accident.

Hope you get to attend school, as the kids say in the US, that'd be totally rad, lol

Have fun

Thanks for the link >>> http://www.flypfc.com. My brother in law works for a small airport and says he might be able to get me a daily route flying cargo from St. Louis down to Arkansas and back. He says it's a straightforward route about 2 hours long. I have some money for education in my work account and I've been trying to figure out how I can afford to get an instrument license. This website might be one avenue.