The simFlight Network Forums

FSX crash due to FSUIPC?

Since a recent reinstall of everything, FSX, Radar Contact, Active Sky Advanced, FSPassengers, and FSUIPC, The program has been freezing when I'm on final approach. It works fine up to that point, but then the program freezes and I have to hold the power button to get out. When I look at the error event viewer, I get the folowing message:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61259.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Does anyone have any idea what this might mean and how do I fix it. BTW, the FSUIPC is an unregistered version if this makes any difference. Thanks

Mike

When I look at the error event viewer, I get the folowing message:

That message is documented in the FSUIPC4 user guide and explained. It is an inevitable result of FSUIPC4's "manifest probe", which is the way it finds which is the best version of SimConnect it can use on your system. it looks like you haven't got FSX SP2 or Acceleration installed, so the first probe gets a failure. It then goes on to find the SP1 SimConnect. If that wasn't there you'd get another entry. All that happens at the loading of FSX, and it is perfectly harmless, as clearly documented.

Sorry, I'm afraid you must look elsewhere for your problem solution.

Pete

• 3 months later...

What other avenues can we look into? I am also having a similar error:

Activation context generation failed for "E:\Program Files Vista\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61245.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Thanks,

Marek

What other avenues can we look into? I am also having a similar error:

Activation context generation failed for "E:\Program Files Vista\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.dll". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.FlightSimulator.SimConnect ,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="67c7c14424d61b5b",type="win32",version="10.0.61245.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Oh dear. Didn't you read this old thread before adding to it? That is NOT a real error, it is merely as described at length in the documentation. Ignore it, as clearly advised! It cannot in any way possibly contribute to any other "problems" you think you may have.

Pete