The simFlight Network Forums

WideFs 7

Hi i have a registered copy of Fsuipc 4 installed on FSX , i have purched a key for WideFs 7 but i cant register it,

I have followed the instrucsion in the manul witch seem to be telling me to run fsx go to addons sellect Fsuipc

and click on register WideFS but nothink happens, i have tried to get help from simarket but they have not helped at all ( thay have had the money and thats as far as there interest goes ) so im hoping that i can get some help here.

Hi i have a registered copy of Fsuipc 4 installed on FSX , i have purched a key for WideFs 7 but i cant register it,

I have followed the instrucsion in the manul witch seem to be telling me to run fsx go to addons sellect Fsuipc

and click on register WideFS but nothink happens

What manual tells you this? For FSX and FSUIPC4/WideFS7 you run the FSUIPC4 Installer. There is no "Register WideFS" button in the options in FSX -- only an Enable/Disable WideFS button for registered WideFS users. Please refer to the registration information in the FSUIPC4 user guide. If you have registered FSUIPC4 you must have been through it all, just do the same again but register both this time.

i have tried to get help from simarket but they have not helped at all ( thay have had the money and thats as far as there interest goes ) so im hoping that i can get some help here.

Of course you must come here for help. It points you here on the SimMarket purchase page, and in my documentation, etc. It is I who is responsible for all the development and support, not SimMarket. They are my publishers. You cannot expect publishers to know the technical details of their products.

Regards

Pete

Ok i have read the fsuipc user guide, and run the install program and it tells me that i allready have fsuipc installed on fsx and just goes of

Your message seemed to terminate too early. "Goes of ..."? What did you intend to say?

All you need to do, when offered the registration options (the window which says "REGISTRATION OF FSUIPC4 / WIDEFS7"), is check "Both" and "Just enter new registrations", then click OK, and you will be able to enter all the details for both.

Pete

Sorry when i run the install program i get a list of action carried out then a box opens and tells me fsuipc is already istalled on FSX, the only option it gives me is to cick ok, when i click ok the installer just closes

The message box only appears if your installed version is later than the one you are trying to install, but there's no failure implied. It sounds like you are clicking some close button instead, or else you are misreading the message and it is saying something is wrong! There's no way the Installer terminates there unless there's something drastically wrong with your FSX installation.

Please make sure you ARE using the current installer, the one for FSUIPC version 4.52 (from http://www.schiratti.com/dowson ), and show me the Installer log, which will be in your FSX Modules folder.

Pete