The simFlight Network Forums

Erratic power lever input!!!

Pete,

I am using the latest versions of FSUIPC in both FS9 3.90 and FSX 4.52 adn I keep getting a strange reaction about 45 minutes after flight, usually if the aicraft is sitting on the ground for a long time, or sometimes after running FS-recorder. The power levers/condition levers/mixture levers fluctuate between max/full throttle and min/flight idle positions.

I am using a PFC serial port throttle quadrant and I am using PFC DLL2.307. any idea what may be causing such erratic behavior, especially since I am experiencing this in both FS9 and FSX.

Thanks for your input

I am using the latest versions of FSUIPC in both FS9 3.90 and FSX 4.52 adn I keep getting a strange reaction about 45 minutes after flight, usually if the aicraft is sitting on the ground for a long time, or sometimes after running FS-recorder. The power levers/condition levers/mixture levers fluctuate between max/full throttle and min/flight idle positions.

I am using a PFC serial port throttle quadrant and I am using PFC DLL2.307. any idea what may be causing such erratic behavior, especially since I am experiencing this in both FS9 and FSX.

Sorry, no idea, really. I would say that something else is interfering with the FS controls you mention, but if that was the case I don't understand why there's any time element there. Are you sure it isn't something overheating, or a power supply problem to the PFC throttle control system? Maybe you need to replace the power unit?

You will probably need to contact PFC support for any further help, as it certainly sounds like a hardware problem of some sort, probably power.

Regards

Pete