The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Error Code

Re: Error Code " THE VERSION OF FS2004 DETECTED IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION OF FSUIPC IT IS BUILD 9.01.40901 YOU NEED THE CORRECT VERSION OF 2004 CHECK THE HELP ABOUT THE BUILD SHOULD BE 9.900 30612 ETC ETC"

Hello there, I know this problem is quite common, and I have tried my very best to fix it myself but I'm getting absolutely nowhere - PLEASE CAN YOU HELP? This is what happened:-

I was having a problem with Eurowngs 2004 aircraft, so I deleted the programe - reloaded it then I got this damned error message. So I deleted it again and still had the same error message - I then tried uploading the latest version of FSUIPC as everyone suggests still the same damned problem, So I deleted ALL the FSUIPCs from the modules folder & re installed the newest version STILL THE SAME MESSAGE!! I cannot use the FS2004 -IT IS DOING MY HEAD IN. I really hope someone somewhere out there can suggest a remedy or a fix.

Thanks IANZEE

Re: Error Code " THE VERSION OF FS2004 DETECTED IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS VERSION OF FSUIPC IT IS BUILD 9.01.40901 YOU NEED THE CORRECT VERSION OF 2004 CHECK THE HELP ABOUT THE BUILD SHOULD BE 9.900 30612 ETC ETC"

Hello there, I know this problem is quite common, and I have tried my very best to fix it myself but I'm getting absolutely nowhere - PLEASE CAN YOU HELP?

No, it is not common. It is rare. It means, as it says, that the version of FSUIPC you have installed is too old for the version of FS you are running (FS9.1). Naturally, versions of FSUIPC written so long ago do not know about later versions of FS -- that is all the message says.

Such old versions of FSUIPC are no supported in any case. You should ALWAYS check for and update to the latest version before asking for support. In this case, replacing your 5 or 6 year old version with one made just a few weeks or months ago, will fix your problem.

I was having a problem with Eurowngs 2004 aircraft, so I deleted the programe - reloaded it then I got this damned error message.

Seems that it a bad product which was not only made before FS9.1 was released, which makes it pretty old in any case, but also doesn't even bother to check whenther it is replacing a later version of FSUIPC with a much older one! Very bad! :-(

So I deleted it again and still had the same error message - I then tried uploading the latest version of FSUIPC as everyone suggests still the same damned problem, So I deleted ALL the FSUIPCs from the modules folder & re installed the newest version STILL THE SAME MESSAGE!

It is absolutely impossible for that message to appear with any recent version of FSUIPC. Therefore you are not looking at the correct FS Modules folder at all. Either you have duplicate FS installs and you are messing with the one you are not loading, or you are using Vista or Windows 7 and have FS installed into its default "Program Files" location. That in itself is a big mistake, as it makes it not only difficult for you in cases like this, but it also makes it doubly difficult for most add-ons to either install correctly or run correctly. This is because Vista/W7 protects all Program Files folders from being written to by any program or user who is not running in "elevated administrator" mode.

Because FS2004 is non-Vista aware, and Vista recognises this, it creates "aliassed" folders -- the ones you can see and write to are NOT the ones it is actually using when running. In order to see those and manipulate their contents you will have to run Explorer in Elevated Administrator mode (find its icon, right-click and select "run asadministrator").

Regards

Pete