The simFlight Network Forums

F/O Yoke releases input

Hello,

I have a second yoke connected, also configured in FSUIPC, but the second one releases it's inputs after less than a second, it's going to neutral again, what could be the problem? Everytime the controls are neutral again, I can level the Yoke again, it works again, but releases like before, this is kind of nerving.

My yokes are PFC Saab Styles and the joystickcards are custom made.

Thanks in advance!

Andreas

I have a second yoke connected, also configured in FSUIPC, but the second one releases it's inputs after less than a second, it's going to neutral again, what could be the problem?

Could the other yoke be "jittering"? i.e. sending small changes even though you don't think you are moving it? If so, then it sounds like you have both enabled but not being arbitrated. With all recent versions of FSUIPC, if you assign in FSUIPC Assignments and selected the "direct to FSUIPC calibration" option when assigning, then FSUIPC arbitrates between the values being received and only accepts the one supplying the largest deflection.

Everytime the controls are neutral again, I can level the Yoke again, it works again, but releases like before, this is kind of nerving.

I'm afraid I cannot really picture what you are experiencing from this description.

Regards

Pete

Hello,

thank you for you advice.

Yes, in fact, the first one is jittering, I tried to solve this problem in different ways, at first I only configured the yokes only direct at FSUIPC, later I tried to send also to FS to increase the neutral position.

Both didn't work well.

Everytime the controls are neutral again, I can level the Yoke again, it works again, but releases like before, this is kind of nerving.

I'm afraid I cannot really picture what you are experiencing from this description.

Sorry, I am non native ;)

I just wanted to say, imagine you are pulling the elevator some degrees and hold this position, the elevator releases the gauge, but you have still leveld the yoke, if you release now, of course nothing happens because the elevator is still in neutral position. This action can be repeated as often as wanted, it's like a step function.

Regards,

Andreas

Yes, in fact, the first one is jittering, I tried to solve this problem in different ways, at first I only configured the yokes only direct at FSUIPC, later I tried to send also to FS to increase the neutral position.

Both didn't work well.

You can cut out jitter at the cost of lower resolution by increasing the Delta value in the FSUIPC assignments, from 256 upwards -- this makes it ignore changes less than that amount.

However, with both assignments via FSUIPC and direct to FSUIPC calibration there shouldn't be a problem in any case with any recentversion of FSUIPC because of the arbitration it performs -- favouring the input with the largest deviation. This facility is described in the History document for FSUIPC as follows:

• Multiple joystick axes assigned, in FSUIPC's Axis Assignments tab, to the same FS axis via the “direct to FSUIPC calibration” option are now arbitrated so that the last one giving the largest value (furthest from zero) is the one applied. This may now be a more useful way of assigning multiple controls than the rather fiddly method of using otherwise unused FS axes as described in the Advanced Users guide.

This should work provided your axes are providing values such that zero, or somewhere near zero, is the neutral position. This will be the case with most if not all commercial yokes.

I just wanted to say, imagine you are pulling the elevator some degrees and hold this position, the elevator releases the gauge, but you have still leveld the yoke

Sorry, that still makes no sense to me. You pull the elevator axis and hold. If you then level the yoke, it levels the elevator. How can you hold a positon and returnit at the same time, and what is the "gauge" you refer to?

if you release now, of course nothing happens because the elevator is still in neutral position.

But it should be in a neutral position if you leveled the yoke as oyu just said.

This action can be repeated as often as wanted, it's like a step function.

Sorry, I don't understand the term 'step function' applied in this context.

Please tell me, what are thre calibration values for the yoke in the FSUIPC INI file (i.e. min/centrelo/centrehi/max)? What version of FSUIPC are you using? how are you assigning them? You have not provided enough information yet.

Regards

Pete