The simFlight Network Forums

Changing path for the FSUIPC installer

By mistake I installed the FSUIPC for FS2004 into a Modulesfolder outside the FS9.

I therefore copied the contents of this folder to the right folder inside the FS (I know now I shouldn't copy).

Thereafter I deleted all FSUIPC-files in order to reinstall but the installer seems to remember where I installed this last time and want to use this path again. I have deleted all temp-files and restarted the computer as well but I'm not able to reinstall FSUIPC. The installer can't find the path I used first time, and I want to put this program inside the FS.

Any suggestions how to change the path or how to reinstall FSUIPC? I have IE 7.0 and XP home.

By mistake I installed the FSUIPC for FS2004 into a Modulesfolder outside the FS9.

What "modules" folder do you find outside FS's folder set?

Which version of FSUIPC are you talking about, please? If you mean the version 3.93 installer just released, then that finds FS via the Registry.

I therefore copied the contents of this folder to the right folder inside the FS (I know now I shouldn't copy).

Why do you think you shouldn't copy?

Thereafter I deleted all FSUIPC-files in order to reinstall but the installer seems to remember where I installed this last time and want to use this path again.

The installer remembers absolutely nothing whatsoever. It only goes by the Registry entries which point to each of your FS installations.

I have deleted all temp-files

What "temp" files? Nothing about FSUIPC or its installer makes any Temp files at all.

...and restarted the computer as well but I'm not able to reinstall FSUIPC.

What does that mean? There is nothing possible to stop installation. What does the log show?

The installer can't find the path I used first time, and I want to put this program inside the FS.

Any suggestions how to change the path or how to reinstall FSUIPC? I have IE 7.0 and XP home.

I really have no idea what you are talking about here. Please provide more information. The version of IE is totally irrelevant, and XP home never gives any access problems.

1. Version of FSUIPC

2. The installer log, which is either saved in the Modules folder, or can be saved from the on-screen display -- as in fact the instructions provided request.

It sounds like your registry entry for FS does not actually point to your true FS installation. How did that arise? There are freeware programs available to fix the registry -- in fact, if you don't do that, you will find it a problem with other add-ons.

Why did you reach that false conclusion that you cannot copy files? I really don't know how you arrived at that. Very puzzling. They are just files.

Regards

Pete

What "modules" folder do you find outside FS's folder set?

None. I made one. Don't ask me why :).

Which version of FSUIPC are you talking about, please? If you mean the version 3.93 installer just released, then that finds FS via the Registry

Version 3.93. I have used FSUIPC for years (all payware as this is a fantastic program) and had an old version which needed an update. When I'm trying to install this error message shows: "Problem! Cannot place FSUIPC.dll into the FS modules folder! The error reported by windows is: The system cannot find the spesified path". The path in which FSUIPC tries to install is E:\Programfiles\Micosoft Games\Modules, and I have the MSFS2004 placed in E:\Programfiles\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, so the installer doesn't find the correct path.

Why do you think you shouldn't copy?

Someone told me not to copy as this could cause problems :)

What "temp" files? Nothing about FSUIPC or its installer makes any Temp files at all.

Internet temporary files, just to be sure there were no info in the system.

What does that mean? There is nothing possible to stop installation. What does the log show?

If the log is the file showing during the installation you see the error previous in this post. You can have the logfile if you wish but I need an adress where I can send this file. You find my adress in my profile.

When installing the FS9 I made a Modulesfolder outside the FS in which I extracted all the FSUIPC-files before I moved the dll-file into the Modulesfolder inside FS9. When updating my DASH8 from MajesticSoftware I got an errormessage saying it couldn't find the FSUIPC-file so I had to update this as well. Then my problems started ..

If FSUIPC doesn't do anything with my registryfiles I might reinstall the simulator, but this is quite a job as I have "tons" of addons :).

Thanks for your answer and I'm sorry for my bad English-skills.

I have just built a new PC for FS and had no problem in my old one and FSUIPC in FSX works very fine.

When I'm trying to install this error message shows: "Problem! Cannot place FSUIPC.dll into the FS modules folder! The error reported by windows is: The system cannot find the spesified path". The path in which FSUIPC tries to install is E:\Programfiles\Micosoft Games\Modules, and I have the MSFS2004 placed in E:\Programfiles\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004, so the installer doesn't find the correct path.

The registry entry for Flight simulator is incorrect, then. It sounds like you moved your FS folder after installing FS.

Someone told me not to copy as this could cause problems :)

Sorry, but, for FS2004, that is nonsense. Copying the files is what you always did with FSUIPC before 3.93. There's no difference now except the Installer has tried its best to install for you. [FSX is different because there are other files, used by SimConnect, which point to the files so they get loaded okay].

Internet temporary files, just to be sure there were no info in the system.

Neither FSUIPC now its installer uses or has anything to do with the Internet.

If the log is the file showing during the installation you see the error previous in this post. You can have the logfile if you wish but I need an adress where I can send this file.

The file is an ordinary text file and is short enough to paste in a message here. By all means edit out your address in it if you wish.

When installing the FS9 I made a Modulesfolder outside the FS in which I extracted all the FSUIPC-files before I moved the dll-file into the Modulesfolder inside FS9. When updating my DASH8 from MajesticSoftware I got an errormessage saying it couldn't find the FSUIPC-file so I had to update this as well.

I expect the DASH8 is also trying to find your FS installation by referring to the Registry. Unless you get that sorted out correctly you will have problems with many add-ons. This is nothing to do with FSUIPC, but your faulty FS install.

If FSUIPC doesn't do anything with my registryfiles I might reinstall the simulator, but this is quite a job as I have "tons" of addons :).

Once registered FSUIPC has nothing to do with the registry, but I'm not sure how you managed to mess up the registry entries for FS itself.

I'm pretty sure there's a freeware program for repairing FS's registry entries some place. Otherwise you could try editing the Registry yourself. Let me google a while ...

... Yes! Go here:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

and get the "FSX/FS9 Registry Repair Tool (36KB)".

Regards

Pete

Thanks a lot. As I wrote above: this was a registry problem and is solved. Don't know what I should have done without you folks knowing everything 8)

Ah, glad it is sorted! Your earlier post confirming that must have come through as I was composing my last reply and searching for the fixing program!

Regards

Pete