The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC & gauge development - register or not

Do I need a registered version of FSUIPC if I want to use it to access FS2004 vars for gauge programming (freeware).

If you want to use the facilities in FSUIPC, yes. If you only want to access values through the IPC interface, first you must make sure to use the Internal Modules mthod, noty the external method. Then you need an access key for your gauge. If you apply to me on petedowson@btconnect.com I can send you the documentation.

Also, what is an approximate time frame for an updated SDK ? Thanks

Well, a week ago I was saying last weeked, so it would be rash of me to say this next weekend, as too many questions are coming up and I have too much to do. The current SDK is okay for now, if you want details of the New Weather Interface and Registration, write to me at the email address I just gave. There isn't much else extra for FS2004 yet in any case. I'll start looking for more goodies later, when I have a little time.

Regards,

Pete