The simFlight Network Forums

PFCDLL 1.55

I have the Cirrus II console and FS2002 loaded with the new version FSUIPC 3.03 and configured and cailbrated the system but noticed that not all the functions of the new GPS is programable with the Cirrus II console? Will this be updated in the future? I am haveing a tuff time calibrating the system for stable flight using PFCDLL 1.55 are there any issues?

... but noticed that not all the functions of the new GPS is programable with the Cirrus II console?

On the console? There are no switches or knobs really usable on the Cirrus II for a GPS. Don't you mean the Avionics stack?

Anyway, please be a little patient! FS2004 only came out last week. I had it a couple of weeks before that, but even so it's a near miracle that as much works as it does. I have a lot of work to do still just to catch up and complete FS2002 compatibility items. When I've done all that, and hopefully it will be this side of Christmas, I shall start looking at some of the new things in FS2004.

Meanwhile, you can of course program all the programmable buttons on the Cirrus and Avionics stack within the PFC options -- if you enble "all FS controls" to be listed you'll see the new GPS controls listed in the drop down (they start "GPS ..."). And of course you can program almost any button switch and knob on the Cirrus and the Avionics Stack through FSUIPC, assuming you have registered it. Again, you'll find all the GPS controls somewhere in the list of assignable FS controls -- look for "GPS ...".

I am haveing a tuff time calibrating the system for stable flight using PFCDLL 1.55 are there any issues?

No, none at all. You should get excellent calibration for all the default FS2004 aircraft by simply copying over your previous PFC.INI. None of that is changed in the least. It works well here. Possibly some of the aircraft now behave slightly differerntly and you need to get used to them?

Regards,

Pete

I just purchased FSUIPC and WideFS and I am waiting for the keys. So you are telling me that the association of the buttons and Knobs on the Avionics stack have a corrosponding setting using the PFCdll? When I get to the page to program the GPS buttons I don not see all the controls listed? Am i looking in the wrong place?

So you are telling me that the association of the buttons and Knobs on the Avionics stack have a corrosponding setting using the PFCdll? When I get to the page to program the GPS buttons I don not see all the controls listed? Am i looking in the wrong place?

Menu "PFC", Select the Avionics Buttons page. There you see the list of those buttons on the Avionics stack which can be re-programmed in PFC.DLL. There are 6 situated at the bottom of the stack and 6 in the GPS area. Make sure you have "List all FS ctrls" checked, then use one of the drop downs to find the GPS controls you can assign.

When you register your FSUIPC you will be able to do likewise with almost ANY button or knob on the PFC devices. For that you go to FSUIPC's Buttons page.

Pete

Thanks for the help I am going to try to implement the changes tonight. I have a question for you. As you know your WideFS utility is very popular and so is wideview. The wideview developer looks like he lost interest in developing it further. Why don't you pick up were he left of and intergrate wideview features into WideFS and charge an upgrade fee for the product. I am sure that you will have many people scrambleing to get the upgrade and support.

The wideview developer looks like he lost interest in developing it further.

Has he? I didn't think that was the case. Where has he said this, please?

Why don't you pick up were he left of and intergrate wideview features into WideFS and charge an upgrade fee for the product. I am sure that you will have many people scrambleing to get the upgrade and support.

You think I need something extra to do, to while away all these hours I'm twiddling my fingers from boredom? :lol: I wish! Sorry ...

Pete

I have a problem with the PFCDLL. Since I upgraded and purchased your programs the sliders are eratic and danceing all over the place without touching any of the controls! Please help.

There is no change to PFC DLL, and nothing related to whether you upgrade and purchase anything else. The changes for FS2004 were minimal.

I think you'll find something else is doing this, the timing is just a coincidence. Check things like your power supply, your COM port connections and so on. Also make sure you have no other joystick connection is enabled in FS, as double inputs for the controls will most certainly look like this.

All the PFC DLL can do is read the values provided by the digital controller in the PFC device, scale them according to your calibrations, and then send them on to FS. The only connection with FSUIPC in this matter is that PFC obtains the addresses for FS from FSUIPC -- that way it can remain substantially FS-version independent.

I feel it is very unfair to try to blame other modules of mine for a deterioration in your controls, and I do object to such implications. If you find you need hardware support please address it to PFC.

Also note that there are some aircraft (the 767PIC notably) which has errors in their programming causing them to occasionally send full deflections for elevator, and possibly the rudder. I provided spike elimination options in FSUIPC to deal with these (see Technical page).

Regards,

Pete

I think that I might have a hadware issue with the console.

I hope you can get it sorted out quickly. The last time I heard of anyone with jittery axes was in Myanmar I think, and it was the power supply. Do also check that there are no joystick assignments in FS (check joysticks are disabled) as even if there are no USB or Game Port ones connected, this can still play havoc.

Other things that can cause small jitters (not big deviations) are bad cables, dirty connections, dirty pots, temperature and humidity variations, and so on, but I do try to smooth some of those out.

Regards,

Pete