The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Throttle Questions

Hi all,

I just got the new Logitech G940 (wow is this thing nice)!

So I am programming the axis for aircraft, and the question I have is that I would like to leave the FSX throttle setting engines one and two set. This way I would only have to program settings for any three-holers or 4-engine aircraft (basically cutting down the amount of time to get all the aircraft programmed). The problem I am having is that while doing this (say for a 747) I get the throttles programmed in FSUIPC, but when I move them I'm getting throttle one to move axis one and two, but throttle two to move axis two, three, and four because its conflict with the FSX programming. Thanks!

So I am programming the axis for aircraft, and the question I have is that I would like to leave the FSX throttle setting engines one and two set. This way I would only have to program settings for any three-holers or 4-engine aircraft (basically cutting down the amount of time to get all the aircraft programmed).

By "programming" you mean assigning and calibrating? About 2 minutes per lever? Or am I misunderstanding you here?

The problem I am having is that while doing this (say for a 747) I get the throttles programmed in FSUIPC, but when I move them I'm getting throttle one to move axis one and two, but throttle two to move axis two, three, and four because its conflict with the FSX programming. Thanks!

What do you really want to do? How many throttle levers do you have? 1, 2,3 or 4? If you have 4 why not simply use them for Engines 1, 2, 3 and 4 -- for aircraft with less engines the other throttles will do no harm.

But if, as it sounds, you have 2 throttle levers and want

1 engine: 1 -> 1

2 engine 1 -> 1 and 2 -> 2

3 engine 1 -> 1 & 2, 2 -> 3, or whatever

4 engine 1 -> 1 & 2, 2 -> 3 & 4

then you need just three Profiles defined -- one for 1 & 2 engines, and one each for 3 and 4. Then you simply assign the profile to the aircraft as you load them, and FSUIPC will remember this and change the assignments automatically.

If you insist on mixing FS assignments with automatically changing FSUIPC assignments you are bound to run into trouble. There's no way FSUIPC can stop FS doing what you ask. You need to make a choice.

Regards

Pete