The simFlight Network Forums

Two commands in one switch

Hello Pete,

i've made a small panel with some buttons to toogle the lights, apu, seat belts and no smoke.

I'm using FS9 with the latest version of FSUIPC. The question is if i can assing two actions on FS in one switch, ex:

I want that the Seat Belts switch controls not only it's corresponding button on the aircraft but the sign on FsPassengers too. There is a gauge for that, so i can use the Mouse Macro to "click" on it or i use the default command for it: Ctrl + Shift + B , but in the FSUIPC tab i can't assing the FS Function and the Keyboard commands at the same time.

Thanks ;)

I'm using FS9 with the latest version of FSUIPC. The question is if i can assing two actions on FS in one switch

Yes, but it means editing the INI file, or making a "macro" file.

I want that the Seat Belts switch controls not only it's corresponding button on the aircraft but the sign on FsPassengers too. There is a gauge for that, so i can use the Mouse Macro to "click" on it or i use the default command for it: Ctrl + Shift + B , but in the FSUIPC tab i can't assing the FS Function and the Keyboard commands at the same time.

To keep the on-line options dialogue easy to use for the vast majority of users, I don't provide facilities for multiple assignments to one button or switch there. But by editing the parameter lines in the FSUIPC INI file you can have almost any number of actions from one switch.

The best way to do this is, in FSUIPC options, assign the first action you want. Remember the Joystick Number and Button Number. Then, with FS minimised or put to one side, temporarily, open up the FSUIPC INI file (from the FS Modules folder) in a text editor like notepad. Find the [buttons] section containing your assignment (e.g. n=Pjoyno,button, .....) and write it down or copy it to the clipboard. Then, back in FSUIPC options, change the assignment to your second need. Go back to the INI file, and you'll see that assignment now for your button. Add the one you wrote down, or paste it in, after the new assignment but with a new number (eg n+1). Or reverse the order if order is important -- they are obeyed in parameter number order (i.e. the n= part).

For more information about all of this, and full details of all the things you can do with a little editing, have a look in the Advanced User's guide.

Regards

Pete