The simFlight Network Forums

Pete Dowson - I Thought I was helping !!!

Good Morning,

Just received your reply to my personal message to you over at AVSIM. The thread concerned how to get WideFS working, where I identified that I had MixW working under Vista 32. The text you received is a greeting, followed by the config TEXT of both FSUIPC on my "server" and the WideFS on the client, as I failed to find a way to email you directly. I had advised that I would send them, as you identified that you had never managed to get MixW working under Vista 32. I thought [how silly of me] that it would provide some information for you. I won't make the same mistake again.

M.

Just received your reply to my personal message to you over at AVSIM. The thread concerned how to get WideFS working, where I identified that I had MixW working under Vista 32. The text you received is a greeting, followed by the config TEXT of both FSUIPC on my "server" and the WideFS on the client, as I failed to find a way to email you directly.

Oh, right. Sorry. The title had no clue about all that, and really I had no idea how WideFS or FSUIPC parameter files were relevant to anything I was dealing with. My problem was simply that mixW would not work on my Vista installation, not that FSUIPC or WideFS would not work. Without the pair of ports defined no parameters in any files of mine would assist.

I had advised that I would send them, as you identified that you had never managed to get MixW working under Vista 32. I thought [how silly of me] that it would provide some information for you. I won't make the same mistake again.

Sorry, what mistake? Not identifying the subject?

Are you hurt or something here? I really don't understand what the problem is. I get about 50-100 emails per day, I attend to about 10-20 often rather complex messages here per day, and i do try to help on the other Forums I visit, when I think I can contribute. It is very hard to tie a message "out of the blue" (as it looked) to anything in all the rest, especially when its content did not seem to relate to anything I was dealing with.

I apologise if you think I'm in the wrong in some way, though I fail to see it. Perhaps you'll enlighten me?

Regards

Pete