The simFlight Network Forums

add-on 4.5.3.3

Pete,

I have a problem with installing version 4.5.3.3

After contacting Sim-Avionics with a problem with a delay in manual controlling after disengaging the autopilot, Mark told me to download the latest version of FSUIPC.

I installed version 4.53 and the porblems were the same as before.

I have downloaded the version 4.5.3.3,. After unzipping and moving the dll to the FSX Modules folder, I started FSX to try again.

In the add-on in FSX I could not see FSUIPC and the application was not active, due to the fact that my external controls didn't work and also SIM-Avionics was not connected to FSX.

Could you help me to solve this.

Thanks in advance.

I have downloaded the version 4.5.3.3,. After unzipping and moving the dll to the FSX Modules folder, I started FSX to try again.

In the add-on in FSX I could not see FSUIPC and the application was not active

Did FSX ask you to confirm that the module should be loaded? If so you must say yes. If not, please show me the FSUIPC4 Log file, which you will find in the FSX Modules folder.

There is really very little difference between 4.53 and 4.533, just three small bug fixes.

[LATER]

I see there's another similar report. Strange, I cannot get it to fail here, and I've tried the download too.

What is your Windows version, please, and is FSX fully updated or not?

Regards

Pete

I have a problem with installing version 4.5.3.3

Okay, I think I've identified what the problem is.

I changed my main development PC last week, and reinstalled all the compiler stuff. It looks like an automatic update from dear old Microsoft has updated my Microsoft C/C++ compiler system with SP1, which apparently involves an updated "redistributable" library which is only pre-installed on the latest MS operating systems (I assume Vista SP3 and Windows 7).

I could refer folks to the Microsoft website to download and install the updated library, but that goes against my principles of keeping it simple. I could even include the damn thing in my installer, but that would make it even more massive.

So, instead I'm going to try uninstalling the update which i didn't even ask for (and turn off Windows auto-updates which i stupidly forgot to do). Then I've got to recompile it all completely and make a new build.

Sorry. It'll be tomorrow sometime nowFSUIPC 4.534. Meanwhile Ill withdraw 4.533.

Regards

Pete

Thank you for the update on the situation, and for the extremely rapid response, do you ever sleep at all?

I have a lie-in some mornings, but i'm a night person. ;-)

Anyway, the fix was easier than I thought -- I just had to tell the linker not to bind in the Manifest which tells Windows I'm dependent upon the updated library, which I'm not. So, after a re-link and final build, 4.534 is there, now.

Regards

Pete

Pete,

thanks for your nightly intervention.

I have installed version 4.5.3.4 and FSUIPC works fine as before.

The problem I have mentioned regarding the delay, when switching the autopilot function to manual controls, when fully established on the ILS, has been solved in the above mentioned version. (3. Fixed a strange bug which could result in a 5 second delay in re-connecting controls when they've been explicitly disconnected via the applcation facilities in offset 310A.)

Pete, thanks for your excellent support and solving an important issue.

Simon Vreeke

• 2 weeks later...

hey all, i don't know what it is but i've tried getting rid of those new updates from Microsoft, and yet still my FSUIPC won't install. here is the install error log that comes up every time:

Installer for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.53

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

Looking in registry for ESP install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

Not there, so looking in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft ESP\1.0

Parameter"AppPath"

... NOT found! ...

===========================================================

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.530 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Cristian\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\AppData\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Application Data\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Contacts\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Cookies\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Desktop\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Downloads\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Favorites\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Links\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Local Settings\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Music\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\My Documents\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\NetHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Pictures\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\PrintHood\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Recent\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Saved Games\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Searches\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\SendTo\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Start Menu\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Templates\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Tracing\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\Videos\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

it'd be much appreciated if someone could tell me whats goin on

hey all, i don't know what it is but i've tried getting rid of those new updates from Microsoft, and yet still my FSUIPC won't install. here is the install error log that comes up every time

What is the relevance of Microsoft updates? Sorry, you seem to have added to a different thread and there's nothing explaining what you are talking about. Do you mean SP1 and SP2 updates for FSX? Why get rid of them?

Looking at the install log:

Looking in registry for FSX install path:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0

Parameter"SetupPath"

... >>> OK! FOUND FSX! <<< ...

INSTALLATION FOR FSX:

AppPath="C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

Checking version of FSX.EXE:

... Version 10.0.61472.0 (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)

Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:

Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)

Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL

... Version 4.530 found.

FSX Modules folder already exists.

Okay -- installed FSUIPC4 into "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL"

All that shows that FSUIPC4 is installed. However:

Looking for the current user's Application Data path:

... found as "C:\Users\Cristian\AppData\Roaming"

Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one

Looking in "C:\Users\Cristian\AppData\Roaming"

No FSX.CFG there

That part and the following searching shows that there's not yet any FSX.CFG file, and so FSUIPC4 is unable to update your DLL.XML file so that SimConnect will load it.

You've either deleted your FSX.CFG and not run FSX again since, or you've never run FSX. You must always run it before trying to add anything to it.

Regards

Pete

thats the thing i've run FSX numerous times before installing that FSUIPC.

So where is the FSX.CFG file? If you know where it is, then you can edit the DLL.XML file so that FSUIPC4 will be loaded okay. According to the partial log file you showed me, it isn't to be found in any of the correct places. That is the problem.

i was browsing and found the iFly 747-400, and it came with your old version

What "old version"? Any version for FSX would have the same installation problem if your FSX.CFG file is missing!

i downloaded your newest version of FSUIPC and its been giving me that error message everytime.

What error message? You've not mentioned any error message?

do you mean running FSX before i install it?

Install what? FSUIPC4? Yes, after installing FSX you need to run it at least once before adding to it.

Regards

Pete

Yeah i looked to edit the DLL file, but when it opened up in NotePad, it was all in code, and quite a lot of it too. The error message i was referring to was when it finished the install process, and it said i had to maunally edit the DLL file to activate FSUIPC. However i went to search for the missing FSX.CFG, and quite mysteriously it disappeared somehow. So i ran the disks to do a repair of the FSX files, and it resolved the problem. FSUIPC installed without any problems. Sorry for my confusion, but most importantly thanks for providing some insight to my problems Pete! Everything is great now.

Yeah i looked to edit the DLL file, but when it opened up in NotePad, it was all in code, and quite a lot of it too.

The DLL.XML file, you mean? It should be all text. If it is large it seems then that you have quite a few modules added to your installation?

The error message i was referring to was when it finished the install process, and it said i had to maunally edit the DLL file to activate FSUIPC. However i went to search for the missing FSX.CFG, and quite mysteriously it disappeared somehow.

This is why the installer cannot complete the job.

So i ran the disks to do a repair of the FSX files, and it resolved the problem.

Hmm. Strange you would need to do that, as FSX generates a new FSX.CFG file when it is run if it cannot find one already there. Sounds like something else must have been broken in the earlier FSX installation if that wasn't happening.

FSUIPC installed without any problems.

Good. Happy flying then! ;-)

Regards

Pete