The simFlight Network Forums

Profiles - please confiem that I understand this

Hello,

I just wanted to make sure I understand how the profiles feature works. Right now I don't use aircraft specific settings. I have things set up for a generic 4 engine jet. I would like to set up 2 engine jet, 3 engine jet, 1 engine prop, two engine prop and 4 engine prop.

1. Change .ini to enable profiles before starting FSX

2. load fsx with a 4 engine jet (generic 4 engine set up will automatically load)

3. Name the profile

4. Done - it will work with the aircraft that I just set it with

Now here are my questions:

When I load another aircraft, will it load the original generic 4 engine settings or will it load everything completely uncalibrated? I'd like to be able to use the generic settings as a template for the other profiles. I really don't want to have to re-calibrate everything for each profile.

Second, if I load an aircraft that does not have a profile, do I just go in to FSUIPC and choose the profile that I want to attach to that aircraft? After doing so, will that aircraft always be associated with that profile?

Thanks for the help. I just wanted to make sure I understood everything before I start creating a bunch of profiles.

-Jeff

1. Change .ini to enable profiles before starting FSX

2. load fsx with a 4 engine jet (generic 4 engine set up will automatically load)

Er, what generic 4-engine set up? Before you've defined any there won't be any. If there's no profile assigned to the aircraft then it will use whatever settings you made before, the default settings.

3. Name the profile

You do that when you are doing the Assignments and Calibrations.

4. Done - it will work with the aircraft that I just set it with

And then any other aircraft you load and assign the same Profile too.

When I load another aircraft, will it load the original generic 4 engine settings or will it load everything completely uncalibrated?

If it already has a Profile assigned, it will use that one, the one you set and saved above. if not it will use whatever non-specific defaluts you may have already done.

I'd like to be able to use the generic settings as a template for the other profiles. I really don't want to have to re-calibrate everything for each profile.

Yes, of course. If you don't have a profile assigned, that's what will happen.

Second, if I load an aircraft that does not have a profile, do I just go in to FSUIPC and choose the profile that I want to attach to that aircraft? After doing so, will that aircraft always be associated with that profile?

Yes, unless you change the assignment or edit the INI file so it doesn't apply any more.

Regards

Pete