The simFlight Network Forums

CaptainSim 757 / MouseMacros not possible on pushbuttons !?

Hello Pete,

After the PMDG MD-11 I also wanted to make the VRI MCP compatible with the CS 757.

Till my surprise I cannot make mousemacro's for the pushbuttons as no green programming window appears when clicking a pushbutton.

When clicking a witch / rotary or the pushbuttons form the CDU the green programming window appears.

Any advice on this would be welcome.

Thanks,

After the PMDG MD-11 I also wanted to make the VRI MCP compatible with the CS 757.

Till my surprise I cannot make mousemacro's for the pushbuttons as no green programming window appears when clicking a pushbutton.

When clicking a witch / rotary or the pushbuttons form the CDU the green programming window appears.

Sorry, that confuses me. On the one hand the "green programming window" appears, and on the other it doesn't? Are you talking about clicking on different things?

Probably the CS 757 cockpit is programmed without using the C/C++ gauge programming methods -- as described in the FSUIPC documentation, the Mouse Macro facility only works with certain ways of gauge programming. If you are talking about FSX or ESP here, then there's a remote possibility you might be able to do it using L:var macros, but that gets quite complicated and again depends on how the gauges are written.

In the end, if the CS 757 does not provide any key or button programming facilities, only mouse operations, your only recourse might be "Key2Mouse" by Luciano Napolitano.

Regards

Pete

Hello Pete,

Your quick with responding like always.

Imho they programmed the switches / rotaries differently than the pushbuttons.

With the switches/rotaries the green programming windows appears, but with the pushbuttons not.

The only exception is the CDU where the pushbuttons work with Mouse Macro's.

Already I had contacted Luciano about Key2Mouse.

If I place a small lcd screen outside my view and put there the 2d panel parts I am able to "use" all switches / rotaries and pushbuttons.

The only drawback would be the framerates as both 2d and 3d panels have to be open.

If I place a small lcd screen outside my view and put there the 2d panel parts I am able to "use" all switches / rotaries and pushbuttons.

Ah, so the 2D gauges are written using standard methods.

The only drawback would be the framerates as both 2d and 3d panels have to be open.

Have you any reason to keep the 3D cockpit (I assume that's the virtual cockpit view you mean?). Obviously if you use something like TrackIR you need that, but if you are using hardware for most of the controls I would have thought an undocked set of 2D panels was better?

I don't know if Key2Mouse would be very useful on a Virtual Cockpit, unless it is kept static in position, which seems to spoil the point.

Regards

Pete

Hi pete,

The idea now is to use the 3d cockpit with Track VRI over two 26 incj lcd screens.

A third small monitor will be placed outside my view and the 2d cockpit parts will be put there.

With FSUIPC and Key2Mouse the 2d panel parts will be operated and for the view it will look like the VRI hardware is compatible with the CS 757.

Yes, Key2 Mouse is easier to use but from what I remember the panel you want Key2Mouse to control must be in focus. That is why Mouse Macro was such a benefit to have. It works even if the panel you want to control is not in focus. I do not know for a fact, but I believe the no required focus is also a AutoHotKey feature.

I just wish I could get MouseMacro to work with all the F1 Mustang panels. Not sure how F1 programmed the Mustang panels but its a no go for me.

• 3 months later...

Hello, I registered my FSUIPC yesterday in hopes of getting the MouseMacro functionality with CS757, however I also found that it does not work with some of the instruments on the VC. (Other than that, the full FSUIPC is magnificent, thank you Mr. Dowson!). I thus started to investigate on a method to link the buttons to some instruments to be able to assign them to keys/joystick buttons via XML programming. So far (yesterday till 1AM) I was able to do so for the A/T switch. I believe it can be done, it just requires some creative XML'ing (as Mr. Dowson stated in his reply above). My plan is to develop a solution that does not modify the original CS757 gauges. If anyone is interested in this project let me know.

Linus

• 2 years later...

Hello, I recently installed CaptainSim 757 for FS2004(FS9) and FSUIPC quit working. I can see it working when I go to the menu and select modules and I can see the activation of the buttons, etc., however, in the fs itself, no reaction to button activation, no traffic display and VRInsight and SPAD (for Saitek) both say FSUIPC is not running, what do you recommend? I did reboot and ran the default Cessna 172 but no change. Thanks.

Nevermind, I deleted fsuipc.dll and re-installed the dll, version 3.000e (or whatever the latest is, 3.999n) and it worked, strange ! And CS757 is a strange program, can't get VRinsight CDU or FSUIPC for mouse macros to work. Oddly, I can get Saitek's autopilot/radios to work but AP not reflected on panel but radios are. Good thing it was cheap! Will see if I can marry 767PIC and CS757 ... I believe that's what edetroit on youtube has done.

An update. I now have a way to assign joystick buttons to Captain Sim's 757 (FS2004/FS9). There are 3 ways that I know of to access the gauge (if it's xml). 1) Open the .CAB and see the xml's. 2) Use Blackbox 3, it's free. 3) Use FSPanel Studio, fastest method. In any case, I assigned keys in the .lua or .xml (I uncab and copy contents to a folder, could recab but don't) and then assign buttons to the keys using FSUIPC. I don't know if joystick buttons can be assigned in xml directly, haven't found a method yet. To assign a key, say "J", use:

<Keys>

<On Key="J"> do stuff </On>

</Keys>

or <On Key="74">, to use say, [sH][J] = 74 + 256 so... <On Key="330">, [CT][J] is 74+256+256 ="586" [CT][sH][J] is 74+256+256+256="842". Also, for some reason, this only works at the end of an .xml files, after the <Mouse> do stuff </Mouse>. Now I can finally use hardware instead of mouse movements.