The simFlight Network Forums

Weird FSUIPC Problem

I use the PMDG-747-400 with FlightSimulatorX Deluxe Edition and Windows XP Pro

A couple of days ago I installed FSUIPC and from that day on I have a weird problem:

The modes changes very often and without any input from me.

Example: I am in mode F10 and all of a sudden it changes to mode F9

This happens every time and I wonder what can be done to eliminate it ?

Thank you

Robert200

What are these "modes"? what do you have F10 and F9 set to do? Have you buttons assigned to do these "mode" changes?

Sorry, I don't know what they are or what you mean, but if these are some normal FSX functions, activated by FS controls, then the only way they can be changing is if some keypress, button or other control is assigned to those controls and is sending them.

Try going to the FSUIPC options, select the Logging tab, and enable "Buttons and Keys" and "Event" logging, two of the selections on the left. Then, when one of these "mode" changes occurs, look in the FSUIPC4.LOG file (it is a text file and will be in the FSX Modules folder) and see what FS control was responsible, and how it was instigated.

Regards

Pete

What are these "modes"? what do you have F10 and F9 set to do? Have you buttons assigned to do these "mode" changes?

Sorry, I don't know what they are or what you mean, but if these are some normal FSX functions, activated by FS controls, then the only way they can be changing is if some keypress, button or other control is assigned to those controls and is sending them.

Try going to the FSUIPC options, select the Logging tab, and enable "Buttons and Keys" and "Event" logging, two of the selections on the left. Then, when one of these "mode" changes occurs, look in the FSUIPC4.LOG file (it is a text file and will be in the FSX Modules folder) and see what FS control was responsible, and how it was instigated.

Regards

Pete

I should have explained better.In FSX there are several option to view

F9 ( pressing F9 key ) = Virtual cockpit

F10 ( pressing F10 key = 2-D cockpit

F11 = Locked Spot view

F12 = Top Down View

Presently my program often changes from F10 view to F9 view without me touching anything at all.

And this problem started after I installed FSUIPC

Regards

Robert200

Presently my program often changes from F10 view to F9 view without me touching anything at all.

And this problem started after I installed FSUIPC

Well FSUIPC does absolutely nothing unless it is asked to. You've either got things assigned in FSUIPC which are being activated by buttons, axes or keys, or something else is telling FSUIPC to send those controls. For the former try deleting your FSUIPC settings -- the FSUIPC INI file. For the latter, well, you'll need to remove each add-on in turn until you find the culprit.

Or, first, just do as I already suggested. that should tell you pretty quickly what is going on.

Pete

Hello,

the above mentioned problems persist and getting worse and worse.Again:

even with absolute no input from the keyboard or the mouse I get modes

switched,sometimes up to 10 times a minute.

And I repeat: all I do is just watching the screen and it happens.(again and again )

I want to reload the entire program and my question is how is it done ? How

do I remove it properly ?

Thank you

Robert200

the above mentioned problems persist and getting worse and worse.Again:

even with absolute no input from the keyboard or the mouse I get modes

switched,sometimes up to 10 times a minute

And I repeat: all I do is just watching the screen and it happens.(again and again )

You have one of three things going on:

(1) a button set to repeat and which is stuck on, assigned to whatever view control which is activating, or

(2) a faulty attachment which is sending sputious signals to the PC. e.g. a keyboard or gaming device.

(3) an add-on application which is sending the controls internally, either directly to FS or via FSUIPC.

As I said, first try simply deleting the FSUIPC INI file. That will reset its actions to default and then it will certainly not be anything assigned in FSUIPC. Did you try that?

Instead, and to find out exactly what is going on, do as I already suggested, here:

If you don't understand the Log, show it to me.

I want to reload the entire program and my question is how is it done ? How

do I remove it properly ?

Removing the whole of FSX is not a good idea. Folks who try uninstalling and reinstalling seem to create more problems than they solve.

If you mean FSUIPC, the "whole program" is the absolutely enormous (sorry, I really mean pretty small :-) ) "FSUIPC4.DLL" module, in the Modules folder. That's the "entire program". But quite honestly, I don't see the point until you've at least tried the options I've suggested.

Regards

Pete