The simFlight Network Forums

GFDisplay 1.24 and seat belts sign LED

OK, I try to manage a condition, whenever cabin signs are on, LED on my RP48 module is on. No problems in FSUIPC:

n=P175,7,C66719,0

n+1=P175,7,C66718,0

I want to have only the seat belts LED on, do not care about the no smoking signs.

Could anybody provide me or give a clue where to start in editing INI files? I couldn't find appropriate offset for this.

OK, I try to manage a condition, whenever cabin signs are on, LED on my RP48 module is on. No problems in FSUIPC:

n=P175,7,C66719,0

n+1=P175,7,C66718,0

I want to have only the seat belts LED on, do not care about the no smoking signs.

Could anybody provide me or give a clue where to start in editing INI files? I couldn't find appropriate offset for this.

These are new in FSX. I'm afraid there are currently no offsets assigned to these values.

There are a lot of new items in FSX which are not yet added to fSUIPC4, simply because the main priority was always compatibility for FS9-based programs. I am only adding things now as requested. I can provide offsets, or maybe just two bits, a flag for each, in FSUIPC4. Then you will be able to implement the LEDs on the RP48.

I've made a note of this. Expect the addition in the next interim update to FSUIPC4, probably within a few days. It is a pity you just missed the last update (Friday), as it would have been easy enough to slip these in. (Updates are announced in the "Updates" announcement at the top of this Forum).

Regards

Pete

No problem Pete. At least I know why I wasn't able to do it :)

Thanks for help. I can wait, it does not have to work NOW.

Okay, the new offsets for Seat Belt and No Smoking signs are available now in FSUIPC version 4.544, from the Updates Announcement above. See the update notes in the Announcement for details.

[LATER]

Ouch! It seems there were already longer-standing offsets for both these functions, documented at 341C and 341D, so I will be removing the new ones. My mistake! Please use the original offsets.

Regards

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

No, programming is definitely not for me... I give up!

I ended with:

FSUIPC_Buttons.ini

[buttons]

0=P175,7,C66719,0

GFdisplay.ini

[GF Connections]

GFDev=DLL found

GFP8=2

GFT8=2

GFLGT=1

GF166=3

GFRP48=2

[GFRP48.1]

B=15

D7=x341D U8

Of course nothing happens... Where is the mistake?

No, programming is definitely not for me... I give up!

I think you are not reading things correctly. There's no "programming" involved, just getting the letters right!

D7=x341D U8

"D" means "Digital display", as shown in the examples for displaying radio frequencies and so on. LEDs are "L", for LEDs, strangely enough. Why not just refer to the examples? There are plenty of them.

Pete