The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Offset when Joytsick button is pressed

Hi there,

i am searching for the following. I don't know if its possible...

Iam using SIOC (from Opencockpits to control my LEDs on different FS states). Is it possible when i press a joystick button (Joystick 0, Button 20) that FSUIPC is changing an offset for this button, so that SIOC can read on a specific FSUIPC adress for a change and if there is a change from 0 to 1 some leds need to go off.

So what i need is the Offset when a joystick button is pressed.

Is this possible?

Thanks alot

Markus

Is it possible when i press a joystick button (Joystick 0, Button 20) that FSUIPC is changing an offset for this button, so that SIOC can read on a specific FSUIPC adress for a change and if there is a change from 0 to 1 some leds need to go off.

Is the button doing anything else? If so maybe SIOC can check for what the button does?

Otherwise, you can use the User offsets, 66C0-66FF as you like. assign one of the Offset controls to the button -- there are offset byte controls "set" (to set a value), "setbits" (to set one or more bits), "clearbits" (to clear one or more bits) and "togglebits" (to toggle one or more bits), so you have complete flexibility.

These offset controls are in the drop-down list in the button assignments, ready to be assigned like any others.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

just minutes before you wrote your answer i had the solution ;-)

I am using a DPDT switch, so 1 switch can toggle a mouse macro to enable ground Power on the PMDG Overhead and the 2nd toggle is setting a bit in a user offset area. Sioc checks for the offset and if it is 1 than some leds will be switched off. If it is 0 is will keep the leds on.

I hop i can build my own 737 overhead logic with this.

Thanks and regards,

Markus

I am using a DPDT switch, so 1 switch can toggle a mouse macro to enable ground Power on the PMDG Overhead and the 2nd toggle is setting a bit in a user offset area. Sioc checks for the offset and if it is 1 than some leds will be switched off. If it is 0 is will keep the leds on.

Okay, but that's more wire than you need. You can edit the FSUIPC INI file and put almost any number of actions on the same button. It can't be done only from the options tab, so what you do is:

1. program the first function (your mouse macro)

2. ok out of the FSUIPC options

3. find the button entry in the INI file (e.g. some line number=P joystick number, button number, ...), and put a ";" in front of the line to keep it but temporarily make it non-effective,

4. back in the options, program the second action, the one to set a bit in an offset

5. ok out of the options again

6. find the new line for that button, and renumber the line so it doesn't clash with the other (or any others),

7. remove the ; from the front of the previous line, so making both active together

8. back in the options, press the "reload all buttons" button .. and you are done!

Note that once you have more than one assignment to a button, you can't edit it in the options. that's a safety measure, as you have no way of selecting which will be changed. However, once you get the hang of editing the INI file you'll cut those 8 steps right down to 2 or 3! ;-)

Regards

Pete