The simFlight Network Forums

Squawk Box

I am having a strange issue with Squawk Box. This may not be the proper place for this thread, but I have placed a post on the SB fourm and no one has a clue on the problem. Maybe, I have something set wrong in FSUIPC that could be causing the problem, or maybe I don't have something set that needs setting.

I've been on VATSIM before, years ago, and am just getting back into simming. Never had anyissues unti lnow. I have an entirely new set up, new computer etc. I run FS2004 on XP Pro. I downloaded SB, put in my credentials, and got connected just fine. Ive never had any issues in the past like this

While setting on the ramp, and only when connected to VATSIM through SB, ocassionally, the aircraft will jump up and down about 20 to 30 ft. I first thought it was when a weather update came along, but after ovserving for a while, the jumps are random. When I do a tower view, I can actually see the aircraft jump into the air and slam back down again.

I've tried several aircraft, and several locations, but the problem persist as long as I am connected.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Mark

While setting on the ramp, and only when connected to VATSIM through SB, ocassionally, the aircraft will jump up and down about 20 to 30 ft. I first thought it was when a weather update came along, but after ovserving for a while, the jumps are random. When I do a tower view, I can actually see the aircraft jump into the air and slam back down again.

I've tried several aircraft, and several locations, but the problem persist as long as I am connected.

Sorry, I've really no idea. I've got a vague memory of someone talking about aircraft jumping up and down, a long time ago, but I seem to also recall that it was due to some conflict between scenery and mesh data. Does it occur everywhere, or only at one airport?

I hope someone else can help -- if it is definitely related to SB connections I'm sure you are more likely to get some advice on Forums concerned with on-line flying.

Regards

Pete

Thanks,

Yes, the problem occures at five airports that I have tested.

I have set "smooth Pressure change" in your progam, and unchecked use VATSIM weather in SB. But the problem persist. I did find one article in the SB forum about someone having it happen at altitude, but did not mention it happening on the ground.

It's the strangest thing I have ever seen. But it is definitely SB related.

Bye