The simFlight Network Forums

Setting up PFC controles on MSF x

Good Day.

I believe I have followed all the instructions and I am using the most current versions of FSUIPC4 and PFCFSX, the communication check seems to find the PFC controls, but they do not function correctly at all.

Current Setup Windows XP SP3, MSFSX SP2, FSUIPC4 4.50 PFCFSX.DLL 4.345

It seems like spurious comms coming to FSX and moving yoke, throttles or buttons seem to have no effect. I am using PFC Professional Console with Avionics stack. Running Elite v8.0 on the same computer with the same PFC hardware works just fine. I have tried a USB->Serial Converter but still same issues. I must be missing an important configuration setting somewhere. I deleted .ini files and restarted FSX, same behaviour, finds PFC consoles but nothing works. Are the standard COM port settings 9600,8,N,1, no flow control correct?

FSUIPC4 Log

********* FSUIPC4, Version 4.50 by Pete Dowson *********

Reading options from "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.ini"

User Name="Cory Mah"

User Addr="cmah@bconnex.net"

FSUIPC4 Key is provided

WIDEFS7 not user registered, or expired

Running inside FSX (using SimConnect Acc/SP2 Oct07)

Module base=61000000

Wind smoothing fix is fully installed

DebugStatus=15

78 System time = 11:22:05

78 FLT UNC path = "C:\Documents and Settings\PC-ATD\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\"

78 FS UNC path = "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"

1250 LogOptions=10000000 00000001

1250 SimConnect_Open succeeded: waiting to check version okay

8188 Running in "Microsoft Flight Simulator X", Version: 10.0.61472.0 (SimConnect: 10.0.61259.0)

8188 Initialising SimConnect data requests now

8188 FSUIPC Menu entry added

8328 C:\Documents and Settings\PC-ATD\My Documents\Flight Simulator X Files\C172 G1000 CNB9.FLT

8328 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C172\Cessna172SP.AIR

52750 C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\C208B\Cessna208B.AIR

56891 *** AXIS: Cntrl= 65763 (0x000100e3), Param= -2025 (0xfffff817) AXIS_AILERONS_SET

56891 *** AXIS: Cntrl= 65762 (0x000100e2), Param= -706 (0xfffffd3e) AXIS_ELEVATOR_SET

56891 *** AXIS: Cntrl= 65765 (0x000100e5), Param= -16064 (0xffffc140) AXIS_THROTTLE_SET

71125 Aircraft="Cessna Grand Caravan Paint1"

71125 System time = 11:23:17, Simulator time = 11:22:13 (16:22Z)

74797 Advanced Weather Interface Enabled

422922 *** AXIS: Cntrl= 65706 (0x000100aa), Param= -16 (0xfffffff0) ELEVATOR_TRIM_SET

472641 PFC Menu entry added

Any ideas?

Thx. Cory

I would like to know if anybody can help me set up my Precision Flight Controls with MSF X. I already bought my key for FSUIPC4.DLL version 4.50 and installed it. I have know idea how to move ahead. thank you

Not sure why you needed to buy FSUIPC. What PFC controls are they? Don't they come with any documentation? if they are the serial port type then they need my PFC driver, which has its own documentation and setup procedures.

PFC controls are top quality and top price, so I assume they come with some support?

Regards

Pete

I believe I have followed all the instructions and I am using the most current versions of FSUIPC4 and PFCFSX[

No, the current supported version of FSUIPC4 is 4.53. Version 4.50 is not supported.

the communication check seems to find the PFC controls, but they do not function correctly at all.

What "communications check"? The one in PFCFSX? Where's its log?

It seems like spurious comms coming to FSX and moving yoke, throttles or buttons seem to have no effect. I am using PFC Professional Console with Avionics stack. Running Elite v8.0 on the same computer with the same PFC hardware works just fine.

Ah. I'm pretty sure Elite use a different protocol, not the default PFC protocol used in FS. Did you specify FS when you bought the controls, or Elite? I suspect that they are set for Elite protocol. They may or may not be switchable -- you'll have to ask PFC.

You show an FSUIPC4 log, but off course FSUIPC isn't involved it handling your PFC controls, that is all in PFCFSX.

Regards

Pete

Roger that.

Ah, that would most likely be the issue .. Elite Protocol vs. FS Protocol, and I don't believe they are switchable, at least not from what I can see. I will ask PFC technical support and see if it is possible, I doubt it.

I don't have any PFC documentation, typical flight school environment, it is long lost.

Thanks, Cory.