The simFlight Network Forums

Smoothness

Hi,

I've learnt somewhere that the maximum refresh rate was set at 18hz in FS. (2d panels in FS9)

Are there any way to create 2D gauges using FSUIPC and displaying smooth graphics ?

Or, the only way to get smooth frames is to create a new software like project magenta ?

Thanks

I've learnt somewhere that the maximum refresh rate was set at 18hz in FS. (2d panels in FS9)

I don't know. It might be. 18Hz is the normal windows timer "tick" (55 mSecs).

Are there any way to create 2D gauges using FSUIPC and displaying smooth graphics ?

You should be able to get updated values from FS directly (from the gauge token variables interface, or via FSUIPC, at least as fast as the frame rate, so i suppose you can. I'm afraid I've never written a gauge and don't know the gauge SDK at all. You'd need to write it in C or C++, not in XML like the more recent ones.

Regards

Pete

By the way Pete, does FSUIPC work with flash (action script) ?

Sorry, I've never heard of it. What do you want to do?

FSUIPC supports Lua plug-ins, which are really powerful -- I added socket support recently, for networking and internet access from a plug-in.

Regards

Pete

I might be wrong but does FSUIPC can stock variables into xml files ?

Sorry, what does "can stock" mean?

For FSX or ESP there are facilities in FSUIPC4, which extensions in Lua, for reading and writing L:vars, variables which are used in XML gauges. Is that what you mean?

Please check the FSUIPC documentation. The L:var macro facilities are described in the Advanced User's guide and the Lua facilities in the Lua Library document. there's also an example Lua program which lists L:vars for you.

Regards

Pete