The simFlight Network Forums

Need help for offset values

Hi Pete, can i kindly know what does this BleedPSI1.1 the .1 means in the offset values.

Thanks for yr help in advance. ^^

I don't have any such offset. Are you perhaps talking about some other product, not one of mine? I know, for instance, that Project Magenta offset documentation tends to use a ".n" method to denote bit 1 in the offset, but I'm sure they document that some place. I wouldn't be so sure about other programs. And I know some authors count bits from 1 instead of 0, and maybe even count them from the high end instead of the low end. But PM has it 'normal', with bit 0 = 2^0, worth 1, etc.

Please always state what program you are asking about when coming here -- it would help me direct you appropriately.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete, i just checked it's in the PM SYSvar txt. Sorry for trouble made. Thanks

Ok. It means bit 1, in that Byte or Word offset, then (doesn't matter if you refer to Byte or Word, but Byte would be slightly more efficient, being shorter).

Bit 1 is worth 2, so you'd use a Togglebits, Setbits or Clearbits parameter of 2 if you are using FSUIPC's Offset Byte controls. For an external program accessing the Byte, you'd OR a value 2 to set it, AND a value 253 (0xfd) to clear it.

Regards

Pete

Thanks a lot Pete. Ermm, just 1 last thing i wish to clarify. If for the BleedPSI initially was set to byte 2, will the BleedPSI be byte 2 or byte 1 in this case.

Sorry, I don't understand the question. It doesn't make sense. What do you man by "byte 2" and "byte 1"?

The value will by in a specific offset, a specific byte. Why do you think the offset will change, that the value will sometimes be in one place and sometimes in another? They don't move about, otherwise they'd be impossible to use! The document you are looking at will define the offset -- that's it. Only the one byte or word, not two different ones!

Regards

Pete