The simFlight Network Forums

GoFlight Help!

I just bought two P8 and a T8 panel from GoFlight, and I'm having some trouble configuring them with FSUIPC.

FSUIPC will for some reason not recognize the buttons or switches when pressed/moved. However the GoFlight assignment programme (from their website, latest edition) will recognize it (thus meaning that the panels work properly and don't have problems).

I tried also using the GoFlight assignment programme to assign buttons/switches to keyboard keys and those keyboard keys to assignments in FSUIPC, but with no results.

Can anybody help?

I just bought two P8 and a T8 panel from GoFlight, and I'm having some trouble configuring them with FSUIPC.

FSUIPC will for some reason not recognize the buttons or switches when pressed/moved.

You need the GoFlight GFDev.dll module installed, in a place accessible to FSUIPC. The GoFlight driver installation used to install it in the same place as GFconfig.EXE. Isn't it there? FSUIPC finds it there by reference to the registry entry for the GFConfig install path.

If you can't find it, there's one in the Updates and Goodies announcement above. For FSX you can put it in the FSX modules folder, but do NOT do this with FS9. Try it in the GFconfig.EXE folder, or else in the main Windows folder.

Regards

Pete

Well, I got the pushbutton panels working and configured, all I had to do was restart my computer (I forgot to do it after installing the GoFlight software).

However I need some help with the toggleswitches.

How does FSUIPC recognize toggleswitches (particulariy in a GoFlight module)? Is it a single on/off switch, two switches up and down, or an axis, or something else altogether?

How does FSUIPC recognize toggleswitches (particulariy in a GoFlight module)? Is it a single on/off switch, two switches up and down, or an axis, or something else altogether?

Why does it matter? What is confusing you?

FSUIPC treats all switches the same. A toggle switch is the same as a button except that it is as if someone holds it down for you whilst it is on. The Buttons and Switches tab only recognises the Off to On change, but you can still program what happens when it goes on and when it goes off separately if desired, just as you can with a button.

GoFlight dials and multiposition switches are different. But with anything connected and detected, all you need to do is operate them to see what is happening. Whilst doing the assignments FSUIPC does display an identifying "joystick number" and "button number" for you to see, so you know when it changes in any case.

Pete