The simFlight Network Forums

PFC console question

Hi Pete:

I have the PFC JetLiner console, Yoke and pedals (serial port) and the latest FSUIPC version as well as the latest PFC DLL. I am trying to get some of the buttons/switches to work with MadDog 2008 Pro which I love. What I am trying to do is use the 4 engine start/cutoff switches to start and turn on/off the fuel. I have the engine 3&4 fuel cutoff check box checked. I was able to get engine 1 to work as wanted but when I try to get the number 2 and 4 switches to work they don't appear in the FSUIPC screen when I move the switches. I checked the operation of the switches in the PFC DLL "test" mode and they work fine. I have a similar problem with the autothrottle switch, FSUIPC "see" the switch move to ON but nothing happens when I turn the switch back off. Again it works fine in the "test" mode.

What am I missing here?? (something simple I'm sure)

Thanks. Mike B.

I have the PFC JetLiner console, Yoke and pedals (serial port) and the latest FSUIPC version as well as the latest PFC DLL.

Please always state Version Numbers. "Latest" is meaningless -- I've had folks saying that and after a lot of confused exchanged it turned out they really meant "latest they'd seen .." and were actually using very old versions. This is especially appropriate to PFC stuff where quite often folks get the "latest" from the PFC site, which appears to be well behind usually.

I am trying to get some of the buttons/switches to work with MadDog 2008 Pro which I love. What I am trying to do is use the 4 engine start/cutoff switches to start and turn on/off the fuel.

You want to use them only the the fuel idle/cutoff switching, not as engine starter switches at all? What are you using for Engine Start switches, then?

Why are you using FSUIPC? Are the PFC.DLL provisions not as you need?

I have the engine 3&4 fuel cutoff check box checked.

Where's that, PFC or FSUIPC? I don't remember one by that label.

I was able to get engine 1 to work as wanted but when I try to get the number 2 and 4 switches to work they don't appear in the FSUIPC screen when I move the switches.

Do you have the Jetliner console selected on the PFC consoles tab?

I checked the operation of the switches in the PFC DLL "test" mode and they work fine. I have a similar problem with the autothrottle switch, FSUIPC "see" the switch move to ON but nothing happens when I turn the switch back off.

If that's a "similar problem" then you have no problems at all. As it says in the documentation for FSUIPC, the Buttons & Switches tab only detects the "off" to "on" transition. This is deliberate to avoid confusion. There's no point in it detecting both -- you can program both the off-to-on ("press") and on-to-off ("release" changes in same window at the same time, so what would it accomplish to change the screen on release? It would make things much more difficult with momentary push-buttons!

Pete