The simFlight Network Forums

Multiplayer Question

Is it possible to create a program like squawkbox using the FSUIPC interface?

Well, Squawkbox3 did use the FSUIPC interfaceexcept for the visualisation of the other fliers' aircraft in FS. For FS9 and before that was done using the Multiplayer interface into FS. I think for FSX they would most likely be using the SimConnect facilities to create AI aircraft, and moving those around, instead, but i do not know this. Certainly FSUIPC doesn't provide anything to do either of those two things.

Regards

Pete

Ok thank you for all of that information and do you know were I might be able to find an SDK of the FS9 multiplayer so that maybe I can connect it to an external program such as SB did? Thank you again for all the help!

I've never had the SDK nor know where to look, but I do use Google from time to time and find it quite useful -- perhaps you should try it? ;-)

I just Googled "FS multiplayer SDK" and the first link looked very useful:

http://www.scenery.org/tutorials_fs2k4_SDK.htm

There is stuff for multiplayer about half-way down.

Pete