The simFlight Network Forums

Disappearing Profiles in .ini file Again

Hello Pete,

I'm having the same problem that I had a while back ago with FSUIPC.

I am using the latest updated FSUIPC (FSUIPC4 interim update version 4.548) and when I set controls for the different payware aircraft that I have, the last ones in the FSUIPC.ini file are disappearing or automatically being deleted, even to the point that it deletes half of the last profile that it will accept.

I get my controls set up the way that I like them, then when I start FSX the next time that aircraft has no controls.

You said last time that you had some kind of limiting buffer that you removed and it worked great. Now it is back the way it was before :(

Can you help with this? It makes it so I can only use FSUIPC on a few of my aircraft. This is very inconvenient.

Thank you,

Bob

You said last time that you had some kind of limiting buffer that you removed and it worked great. Now it is back the way it was before :(

Well, it is still fixed. It has not been undone.

Can you help with this? It makes it so I can only use FSUIPC on a few of my aircraft. This is very inconvenient.

I'll need a copy of your INI file please. I cannot see anything wrong here. ZIP it and send it to petedowson@btconnect.com.

Pete

I am using the latest updated FSUIPC (FSUIPC4 interim update version 4.548)

I looked at my code, ready to work out a fresh fix, only to find i did change this ages ago. Then I noticed from the Log you supplied that you are not, in fact, using version 4.548, but still version 4.50! The fix was actually made in 4.52, back in June, as noted here in the History document.

· An overall limit on the size of the INI file, of 128000 bytes, is removed. Until versions 4.518 the file would be truncated, possibly resulting in loss of settings.

Regards

Pete