The simFlight Network Forums

Go flight on a network

Hello peter, can you tell me if its possible to have a few of my goflight modules operate from a secondary networked pc using widefs, as i have no more spare usb inputs on the main flight sim computer? Thanks Steve

Yes. With WideFS any GoFlight unit on any WideClient PC will send its button and switch events to FSUIPC for assigning there. It doesn't work for axes, as on the throttle quadrant, and of course it isn't connecting them to the GoFlight software.

You need the GFDev.dll installed on the client PC. Easiest way to do that is put it in the same folder as WideClient. You'll find GFDev.dll in the "Updates and Goodies" Announcement above.

If you want to have any of the displays and LEDs working on the client you need the GFDisplay program operating there, properly programmed, just as you would for FSUIPC-handled GoFlight units on the server PC.

Regards

Pete