The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC Installation is missing msvcr80.dll

Hallo Pete,

I have a big problem with Installation FSUIPC 4.50. After Upgrade from Win XP SP3 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit with the Programm "Umzugshilfe" from O&O Software, first it seems t all right. But then i found no fsuipc in the FSX Menue. I tried to reinstall 4.50 and get the message that it is something wrong with simconnect version. I deinstall and then reinstall FSX SP2 and SP1 and the message didn´t occur by the installation of FSUIPC but at the and of the installation I get the message that fsuipc.exe couldn´t start because msvcr80.dll is missing. I have several msvcr80.dlls on the maschine but I don´t no where, and perhaps which version FSUIPC needs. Have you any idea?

Best Regards

Ralf

I have a big problem with Installation FSUIPC 4.50. After Upgrade from Win XP SP3 32bit to Windows 7 64 bit with the Programm "Umzugshilfe" from O&O Software, first it seems t all right. But then i found no fsuipc in the FSX Menue.

That would be a SimConnect problem, then, assuming the installation succeeded. The Installer produces a Log file, in the FSX Modules folder, and there will be an FSUIPC4 log file if it ever got started. Show me both.

I tried to reinstall 4.50 and get the message that it is something wrong with simconnect version.

So, something changed in your FSX installation between the two attempts? You should really have checked the logs first. Note that the re-installing FSUIPC4 does absolutely no harm. It merely carries out the same checks again -- implying that something happened to your FSX installation in between those two attempts.

I deinstall and then reinstall FSX SP2 and SP1

Ugh. That is drastic, and the cause of most SimConnect problems, as the FSX uninstaller cannot cope with the Windows side-by-side (WinSxS) library system used by SimConnect. Before doing that you should have checked the logs, and probably deleted the SimConnect folders before doing the installs (the FSX Help Announcement above assists with this).

and the message didn´t occur by the installation of FSUIPC but at the and of the installation I get the message that fsuipc.exe couldn´t start because msvcr80.dll is missing.

There's no such thing as "FSUIPC.EXE", and FSUIPC4 only runs inside FSX which also itself needs msvcr80.dll. It is the main Visual C/C++ run-time library for the version of the compiler used by Microsoft when building FSX. So, please try to be a little more accurate. At the end of the installation, the installer terminates. There is then nothing running, so nothing could be missing any DLL. What did you then do to get the message?

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

thanks for the very quick response. I solved the problem as follows:

deinstallation FSX SP2 (the repair button was greyed)

new installation FSX SP1 (there was no repair option)

new installation FSX SP2

because the FSX activation routine failed - change of the three ominous DLLs in the FSX root (You know what I mean).

Start FSX and all (FSUIPC, WideView, Widetraffic etc.) works fine.

And Pete - I think I was accurate. The error message was exact as I told. I know that there is no FSUIPC.exe at all. But I could

replicate the message as often I want and every time the same message occur.

Best Regards

Ralf

because the FSX activation routine failed - change of the three ominous DLLs in the FSX root (You know what I mean).

No, sorry, I don't understand that at all.

And Pete - I think I was accurate. The error message was exact as I told. I know that there is no FSUIPC.exe at all. But I could

replicate the message as often I want and every time the same message occur.

What, something in Windows thinks it is dealing with a non-existent program? If it thought FSUIPC.EXE was to be run, you had a parameter somewhere telling something to load it. I really don't think Windows invents program names.

Next time you'd best take a screenshot. I'd like to see that!

Regards

Pete