The simFlight Network Forums

FSUIPC

hello am new to the forum and the use of FSUIPC and wen i was trying to install it it tried to install microsoft combat simulator files and it said it could not find e fs9.exe file and asked me to find it myself and when i tried locating my fs2004 exe folder it gave an error report that the folder was read only so i failed to install fsuipc, can someone help

It sounds like you want it for Combat FS not FS9 (FS2004).

Find the Combat Flight Sim folder, right click and select 'properties' then un-check the 'read only' box, click 'ok' and then 'ok' again when it asks about sub folders, let it finish then try installing FSUIPC again. If it asks for the sim folder, browse to the Combat FS main folder.

Good Luck.

BTW - Welcome to the forums and this should have maybe been posted in the "Other FS' forum :wink:

hello am new to the forum and the use of FSUIPC and wen i was trying to install it it tried to install microsoft combat simulator files and it said it could not find e fs9.exe file and asked me to find it myself and when i tried locating my fs2004 exe folder it gave an error report that the folder was read only so i failed to install fsuipc, can someone help

There is no way any program of mine tries to install any Microsoft files at all, let alone any from Combat FS. It also does not care whether the FS2004.exe folder is read only or not. I think you must be misinterpreting something quite seriously, or running something else entirely.

FSUIPC's installer creates a log file showing what it has done and recording any problems. Please check that, or show it to me if you don't understand something.

Regards

Pete