The simFlight Network Forums

Problems with FSUIPC 4.548

Hi,

I've got a problem with version 4.548 of FSUIPC (Please see attachment FSUIPC.jpg).

Some of the input fields are clipping the contained numbers.

My OS is Windows XP SP3 containing the latest patches. I have the following MS Visual C++ distributables installed:

2005: 8.0.50727.42

and

2008: 9.0.21022

I did not change the default font sizes in Windows XP.

Any ideas?

Thanks

bpcw001

post-35978-12868970391_thumb.jpg

I've got a problem with version 4.548 of FSUIPC (Please see attachment FSUIPC.jpg).

Some of the input fields are clipping the contained numbers.

That's weird. Not seen that before.

Seems that the "Shell" fonts in some versions/updates of Windows are slightly larger than the specific Arial ones I was selecting before. I expect you could fix it by changing the windows style or font (not the font size which should be irrelevant), but if you are getting that with default fonts I shall have to widen the edit boxes a little.

I only recently changed to the Shell fonts in order to fix the few cases that get reported where the dialogue tabs don't fit in the window at all -- where they are actually 50% too big!

Could you do me a favour please? Check every TAB in FSUIPC, see if there are any others which don't fit? Thanks.

Any ideas?

Well, I'll try to fix it, but luckily it isn't crucial and won't prevent you doing what you want to do -- unless it loses even more than a half or one digits, that it. So, please carry on for now. When I've got full information on which fields it might affect, I'll make another update.

Regards

Pete

I can't remember to have had this problem with any previous FSUIPC version. What changed?

As I said, but it crossed with your second message, I changed to the Shell fonts in order to fix the few cases that get reported where the dialogue tabs don't fit in the window at all -- where they are actually 50% too big!

At least this problem is not critical like that. You can use it still without any problem really. it just looks bad.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

thanks for your lightning-fast response.

You're right, it's not a critical issue, and I certainly didn't mean to have this appear as no 1 bug.

I clicked through more of the FSUIPC pages and found more clipping. It appears to exclusively happen with the numeric edit fields on the calibration pages, so pretty much those edit boxes which used to be a perfect fit without much headroom.

Usually, 5 digit values pretty consistently get their last half digit cut off, and the full last digit when they are less than 0 and need to be displayed with the minus sign.

Let me know if you need to know more or if you want me to try something out.

Regards,

Dave

I clicked through more of the FSUIPC pages and found more clipping. It appears to exclusively happen with the numeric edit fields on the calibration pages, so pretty much those edit boxes which used to be a perfect fit without much headroom.

I've looked in detail through all of the Tabs, and the only ones I think are likely to be affected are the Axes and Joystick calibration tabs.

The Axes one is relatively easy to tweak, but I'm going to have fun (NOT) with the calibrations one -- I count at least 36 separate controls to be repositioned and sized, not to mention their neighbours which will get jostled too! :-(

Ah well, it's only time...

Pete

Ah well, it's only time...

In the end I decided to simply make the whole lot 20% larger, and wrote a small Lua plug-in, running under FSUIPC itself, to do the scaling for me. ;-)

So, get FSUIPC version 3.947 or 4.551, now available from the Updates announcement. If you are interested in the Lua scaling program I've added it at the end of the Lua Plug-Ins announcement.

Regards

Pete