The simFlight Network Forums

Stick forces

FS2004 sensitivity settings are not working on my system. Did not have any problems with 2002. I purchased the non-free version of FSUIPC. I cannot really understand the joystick settings. Will these settings, if properly applied let you adjust joystick sensitivities?

FS2004 sensitivity settings are not working on my system. Did not have any problems with 2002. I purchased the non-free version of FSUIPC. I cannot really understand the joystick settings. Will these settings, if properly applied let you adjust joystick sensitivities?

No. The joystick calibrations in FSUIPC are only for more accurate end dead zone and centre zone settings. Oh, and also extras like the ability to have a reverse zone for throttles, and do some mapping for multiple throttles.

But not sensitivity.

Before doing anything in the Joystick section of FSUIPC you really need to get your controls calibrated well. First in Windows (the "Game Controllers" applet in Control Panel, or possibly their own drivers if they come with any). Then adjust the sensitivity in FS.

Once they are reasonably working in FS you can try using FSUIPC to define the dead zones and get better central stability, but I really wouldn't advise trying to do this until you have them working reasonably in FS in any case. Otherwise things will get too complicated, too many interactions and you won't know which adjustment to use to do what.

One day I want to add new facilities to by-pass the FS assignments and provide full calibration and even response curves to FSUIPC, or possibly a separate utility. But that's a project for when I've got more time.

Regards,

Pete