The simFlight Network Forums

Duplicate Copies??

Hey Peter,

Love your add-ons etc, they have been great. As is usually the case I have a small issue which started after placing the Autosave.dll 1.501 into my FS9 Modules folder.

I now get "FSUIPC PROBLEM! There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed! Please remove older copies! Never simply rename modules, move them OUT of the Modules folder!"

I have never had this occur until after I placed the AutoSave.dll into the folder yesterday. I am running a registered version of FSUIPC 3.93!

I have taken the Autosave.dll out of the module folder, and still get the FSUIPC PROBLEM! and FS9 will not run.

Any suggestions gladly taken. :-)

Sean

I now get "FSUIPC PROBLEM! There are duplicate copies of FSUIPC installed! Please remove older copies! Never simply rename modules, move them OUT of the Modules folder!". I have never had this occur until after I placed the AutoSave.dll into the folder yesterday.

Well it really cannot be anything to do with AutoSave being there.

There are three ways you can get this happening. One is by having a another copy of FSUIPC.DLL, renamed, but still in the modules folder. Another is by having a copy in the main FS folder. Finally, and more usual, is a copy actually still running in an FS9 process which hasn't actually terminated, because it has hung after closing its windows.

Check for the latter by using the Task Manager (ctrl+alt+del). Select the Processes tab and look for FS9.EXE. If it is there, delete it using the button below.

If you have this happening then something you've installed is causing FS9 to hang on termination. It could be a video driver bug, or some other FS add-on.

I have taken the Autosave.dll out of the module folder, and still get the FSUIPC PROBLEM! and FS9 will not run.

Which proves it isn't related to AutoSave.

Regards

Pete

Thanks for the response Peter. I fully admit that it could be coincidence, however the only thing I did to FS9 between working and not working was add the Autosave.dll to the modules folder. I tryed re-installing FSUIPC3.93 over the top and still got the problem.

So I deleted FSUIPC from the module folder, installed 3.93 using the new auto-installer, and then added back the .ini file and it is working fine.

Checked on the hanging thing, all good there. Now that it is working again, I will re-add autosave.dll and see if I get a repeat. Until then I agree we say it's got nothing to do with autosave.dll.

Thanks,

Sean