The simFlight Network Forums

FS9 - XP 64Bit - GoFlight Modules

Hi,

I would like to use FSUIPC 3.93 on XP 64Bit to capture GoFlight buttons and knobs. Before I have testet Windows 7 64Bit and this was working fine. For various reasons I prefere XP 64Bit, but FSUIPC does not recognize any modules. The modules are working fine, is there any trick to get them work with FSUIPC?

Best Regards

Stefan

I would like to use FSUIPC 3.93 on XP 64Bit to capture GoFlight buttons and knobs. Before I have testet Windows 7 64Bit and this was working fine. For various reasons I prefere XP 64Bit, but FSUIPC does not recognize any modules. The modules are working fine, is there any trick to get them work with FSUIPC?

There's no difference in FSUIPC whether on XP 32, 64 or Vista 32, 64 or Win7 32, 64. I doubt that the Goflight module, GFDev.dll is any different on Win7 64 compared to XP 64, either, so in all likelihood it is just that you don't have GFDev.dll installed in its usual place, or with the Registry entry for GFConfig pointing to the folder with it in. THat all should be sorted out when you install the GoFlight software -- maybe you didn't do that on the XP 64 system?

Try putting GFDev.dll into the Windows folder, where is should be found without registry pointers. If you cannot find your copy there's one downloadable from the Updates & Goodies Announcement above.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

with your help I was able to get the GoFlight modules running: The trick is to place the GFDev.dll here: "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64". First I have tried this directory "C:\WINDOWS\system32", but this is not working. I think this has something to do with 32/64Bit versions of the libraries. Thank you for your fast response on sorting this out :-)

Best Regards

Stefan

with your help I was able to get the GoFlight modules running: The trick is to place the GFDev.dll here: "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64". First I have tried this directory "C:\WINDOWS\system32", but this is not working. I think this has something to do with 32/64Bit versions of the libraries. Thank you for your fast response on sorting this out :-)

Provided it is in some folder where it is found by the system, yes. Really the GoFlight software installer should also install it, as FSUIPC tries to find it using the pointer to the GFConfig installation, but I'm wondering if they don't do that any more?

Regards

Pete

I have no idea currently, it's an fresh installation of XP. But trouble seems to be ongoing:

I have installed FSX and found out the same problem. Is there any extra dll to copy?

Sorry, the last message from you in this thread was that you had found a place to put the GFDev.dll and everything was working? That would work no matter what version of FS or FSUIPC you are using. However, on my Windows 7 64-bit system I have GFDev.dll in the C:\Windows folder. I'm certain it doesn't need to be in any "system32" or "WOW" type folder.

For FSX there's actually no problem putting it in the Modules folder, next to FSUIPC4.DLL. You can't do that with FS2004 simply because the Modules folder can only contain FS-loadable DLLs and a non-FS DLL would crash it.

Regards

Pete

Hi Pete,

you are right, after placing the dll in the modules folder I was able to use Goflight also with FSX. I have have testet my FS2004 setup again, for this purpose I have to use "C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64", no other directory is working for me. Anyway, all is working fine now.

Thank you again for support

Stefan